Would you vote for a 3% tax hike on your income?

Started by merithyn, November 27, 2012, 09:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Read the OP

Yes, definitely
11 (33.3%)
Yes, but with reservations
6 (18.2%)
Possibly, if the referendum were worded the right way
3 (9.1%)
No, but with reservations
4 (12.1%)
No, absolutely not
9 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Monoriu

Absolutely not.  I will feel the pain of a 3% loss of my income very directly and quickly.  I have no idea and no control over how the new tax money will be spent, and how that will help me. 

And yes, this is something that I will definitely vote on :contract:

MadImmortalMan

If you're gonna raise taxes, just have the balls to do it. Don't make me vote on it.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Sheilbh

Okay.  Assuming the situation's the same as the US and you've growing debt and the costs of defence, social security and Medicare are higher than revenues, then yes.
Let's bomb Russia!

Strix

I'd say no.

The tax hike doesn't solve the issue. The government would have to first show itself capable of restraining it's spending than I would consider it.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on November 27, 2012, 10:34:58 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 27, 2012, 10:28:56 AM
Unlike many of my fellow Americans, I do not possess a feral aversion to the concept of taxes and the irrational fear that somehow it would cast me into poverty, particularly 3%.

3% of what, dearie?

:lol: :P Sharing is caring.

garbon

Reminds me of how dandy Ide though taxes were until he had to start contributing. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on November 28, 2012, 02:46:03 PM
Reminds me of how dandy Ide though taxes were until he had to start contributing. :P

Well, in all honesty, a lot of aspects of adulthood have proven a shock to Ide.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on November 28, 2012, 02:46:03 PM

One more breach of TBR sanctity and you shall be purged