News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Update ahoy!

Started by Saladin, November 14, 2012, 02:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

Two sons age 6 and 3. Bought a terraced house for a bargain. In short, a wife, kids and a mortgage, the whole catastrophe.  ;)
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Vricklund

Drakken

- Settled down with my current girlfriend, together for almost five years now. She became live-in partner three years ago now.
- Planning leaving my current data processing job in January/February, entering Plumbing/heating professional school early this March.
- Been working out hard these last few years, and it shows result.

The Brain

Still rocking it Brain-style.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

How long was the wait on that Waiting List for plumber school? Laval has a 2 year waiting list.

Still mulling over when to apply.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Drakken

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 16, 2012, 02:55:00 PM
How long was the wait on that Waiting List for plumber school? Laval has a 2 year waiting list.

It's on institution basis. I'm in Montreal.

I have received my letter of admission last August and I'm scheduled to start on the first week of March 2013 on my personal file available online. The test at my institution was in July. It's once a year; you fail, you have to start it all over again. Trust me, there are a lot of applicants and the third of them actually pass through, so I wouldn't wait.

Early last October I received a call from my school institution offering me to start two weeks later as they had an opening, but as I didn't make any arrangement for student loans I couldn't join at that moment. That said, knowing the number of applicants it meant that I was among the first on the waiting list.

Admiral Yi

Howdy Sal, good to hear from you.  :)

Moved up a bit in the place I work; leading a pretty large project, travelling to various places in the US to meet with super-highpowered clients and do super-highpowered things with them in a super-highpowered way.

Other than that saving up my money and counting it every night like Ebeneezer, doing the Friday night karaoke thing.  No real life adventures; I went to a dry wedding during the summer.  :(

I wonder what strange wind blew both you and Count NotDeMoney back to Languish around the same time?

Richard Hakluyt

Welcome back Sal  :cheers:

Not sure I have any exciting updates to relate, things are going well in general.

schaksen

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 16, 2012, 02:55:00 PM

You can go to my plumbing school if you like we have to accept all applicants, though i doubt it covers foreign nationals? We do have a regular trickle of Swedish nationals... so perhaps canucks are fine as well.
Formerly known as Gumby, this was/is my pdx nick

Jacob

- Built a house and moved into it.
- Left working in console games - last game I worked on Sleeping Dogs came out earlier this year - now working in mobile social games.
- Got a dog.

frunk

Got married, bought a house which was promptly (within a week) attacked by a hurricane.  Fortunately no damage but we were sweating it.