News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hey Brain, Familiar with Graham Turner?

Started by Admiral Yi, November 19, 2012, 11:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

I picked up a copy of Military Heritage at the book store today.  Has an article on The War of the Roses, and heavily features the paintings of Graham Turner.  The paintings look a little too clean for my taste, would prefer more blood and mud, but they're supposed to be very accurate, and they are well executed.

Wondered if you are familiar with his work and what thoughts, if any, you have.

Sophie Scholl

http://www.studio88.co.uk/acatalog/medieval_prints.html
He's got some very nice looking work.  His preference for Yorkists and Richard III is fantastic. :wub:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

The Brain

I love his work in various Osprey WotR titles. My favorite Osprey artist, I much prefer him to say Angus McBride whose style I find too cartoony for historical stuff. I could possibly see myself having one of his pics on my wall.

The sculptors making the WotR models I'm painting in the minis thread are heavily influenced by the Osprey WotR books, btw.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.