News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Battlefield:1943

Started by CountDeMoney, May 16, 2009, 03:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

These sorts of games always have a way of bringing out the ridiculous in people.  :rolleyes:
Of course I say this as a guy who laid bouncing betties and bamboo traps everywhere in his spawn and drove the jeep around like a madman with the radio on full blast in Battlefield Vietnam.  :D
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 16, 2009, 10:22:08 PMOf course I say this as a guy who laid bouncing betties and bamboo traps everywhere in his spawn and drove the jeep around like a madman with the radio on full blast in Battlefield Vietnam.  :D

You know, that game was great;  I don't know why there aren't more players for that.  So much more fun than BF2, IMHO.

FunkMonk

Oh hell yeah. I loved it even more than BF1942. Unfortunately it was considered just a side-project on the way to BF2.  :rolleyes: Wasn't much enamored with BF2042 either.

Propaganda-spouting VC  >  Playing toy super soldiers
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Crazy_Ivan80

heh, had a good number of hours of fun with that :) Paradropping above enemy spawns and shooting them while parachuting in :D

that said: I'm thinking the battelstation pacific thingamajig (different series and different company) might be a nice mp game too. And it has BBs :D

Berkut

Ive been having a very good time with Cod:WaW.

I am not nearly as good at this as I used to be though. My twitch isn't very twitchy anymore. :(
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Strix

Quote from: Berkut on May 17, 2009, 04:14:26 PM

I am not nearly as good at this as I used to be though. My twitch isn't very twitchy anymore. :(

Old age sucks!  :hug:
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Berkut

Quote from: Strix on May 17, 2009, 10:20:53 PM

Old age sucks!  :hug:

It has forced me to modify my tactics - I only rarely win the shootout anymore, so I have to be a lot more crafty to get my kills.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

So is anyone here actually playing BF1943?  I was particularly disappointed when my search for jonbenet returned no results :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

I loved that game.  One of the best shooters ever.  I especially like the last few missions.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on August 28, 2009, 10:06:45 AM
So is anyone here actually playing BF1943?  I was particularly disappointed when my search for jonbenet returned no results :(

It's not out for the PC yet.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on August 28, 2009, 10:08:23 AM

I loved that game.  One of the best shooters ever.  I especially like the last few missions.

Only gripe was that it was to short.  Also the vehicle missions were kinda mediocre.  I liked the Marine Missions the best.  Though the sheer glory of the the burning Berlin was fantastic.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Me.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

I'm derspiess42 on Xbox Live, so hit me up next time you're on.  I like the squad idea in the game, but I'm sick of getting 11 year olds on my squad.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jaron

Quote from: derspiess on August 28, 2009, 04:52:04 PM
I'm derspiess42 on Xbox Live, so hit me up next time you're on.  I like the squad idea in the game, but I'm sick of getting 11 year olds on my squad.

I'm jarenko. add plz :)
Winner of THE grumbler point.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 28, 2009, 03:00:21 PM

It's not out for the PC yet.

Yup, when it's out on PC, I'll be there.