News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Cupcakes, Why ?

Started by mongers, November 18, 2012, 04:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Get annoyed by trends a decade after they became a trend?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on November 18, 2012, 10:39:15 PM

Here's a clue, much of the rest of the world doesn't give a flying fuck for what goes on in hipsterville 5,000 miles away.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on November 18, 2012, 10:42:56 PM
Here's a clue, much of the rest of the world doesn't give a flying fuck for what goes on in hipsterville 5,000 miles away.  :cool:

Much of the world doesn't give a flying fuck what goes on in their own town, so won't start threads whining about some cupcake shop opening.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Shops selling them aren't the most common of things. They appear over night sending ripples of "WTF?" throughout people who walk down that street, then, just as quickly as they appeared they dissapear due to the stupidity of their existence and nobody wanting to spend 5 quid for a cupcake.
I noticed this trend several years ago and have wondered similarly about them. Some people just have more money than business sense alas.
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

Hipsterville?

There was a cupcake shop in the fucking Yukon, man.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Barrister on November 18, 2012, 11:12:34 PM

Hipsterville?

It seemed like plenty of hipsters roll into Whitehorse over the summer.

Habbaku

Quote from: Barrister on November 18, 2012, 11:12:34 PM

Hipsterville?

Desolation is in this season.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Gups

Cupcakes became trendy in London a couple of years ago and the bakclash against them has already been and gone.

They aren't the same as fairy cakes. A faircake is all about the cake, there is just a thin layer of icing. A cupcake has loads of icing.

Brazen

It's part of the baking trend that makes underemployed women feel like they're justifying their existence and undersexed women feel loved.

Way too sweet for me, I feel imminent diabetes just looking at one. Instead I plan to kidnap the handsome man who hands out cheese samples at Liverpool Streee station and take him home to hand-feed me cave-aged Gruyère.

Darth Wagtaros

Food Network made the hype by having all those shows dedicated to cupcake making competitions.  I've been in at least two cupcake stores, and you pay almost as much for one cupcake as you would for a cake in other bakeries.
PDH!

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

garbon

Seriously. Don't want to shop in a cupcake store - don't go to a cupcake store.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive