News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Government efficiency: lesson #1

Started by viper37, November 19, 2012, 09:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Full text in French

Transportation department re-builds the road. (government)
Hydro-Quebec is responsible for moving the electric and phone lines to the new posts (government).
Bell Canada is responsible for removing the post once the lines have been transferred. (private).

Hyro-Quebec is running late in transferring the cables, so Bell can't move the post.
Ministère des Transports decides it can't wait any longer, ask contractor to build the road as planned, they install temporary signs about a post where it shouldn't be...

When asked what went wrong, the answer is: "Nothing went wrong, everything went according to plan, the new road is much better than the old one, Hydro & Bell should remove the post very soon".

These are the same people who want more government everywhere.  There is a lesson to be learned here.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Maybe if they had worked from English plans. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Yeah, I think the problem is that all the educated people who make the decisions have to translate their decisions into French for the peons, and there's the inefficiency.  Plus, they can't move the post until Don Corleone gets to wet his beak.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

viper37

Quote from: garbon on November 19, 2012, 09:06:54 PM
Maybe if they had worked from English plans. :P
:hmm: You know, that might have been the problem.  They had plans with that imperial system of yours and got confused, just like NASA :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.