Dead boy found buried in playground sand

Started by jimmy olsen, May 16, 2009, 09:36:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on May 16, 2009, 02:24:33 PM
Oh, please, who here hasn't tortured or killed a cat when they were little?

You were the only one here born in Russia.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on May 16, 2009, 02:28:50 PM
Quote from: DGuller on May 16, 2009, 02:24:33 PM
Oh, please, who here hasn't tortured or killed a cat when they were little?

You were the only one here born in Russia.
:lmfao:

dps

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 16, 2009, 09:36:13 AM
I can't imagine what finding something like that must feel like.

The severe limits of your mental capabilities is nothing to bragg about.

Habbaku

Quote from: dps on May 16, 2009, 10:13:43 PM

Of all the threads, I never would've pegged this one to be ACW hijacked.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

jimmy olsen

You really think you can understand how horrible finding a dead child would make you feel if you haven't encountered that situation before?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

Quote from: Habbaku on May 16, 2009, 10:15:40 PM

Of all the threads, I never would've pegged this one to be ACW hijacked.
:lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 17, 2009, 12:05:49 AM

You really think you can understand how horrible finding a dead child would make you feel if you haven't encountered that situation before?

Unfortunately for you, those of use who've actually seen dead kids don't hear the dramatic music or get the sweeping camera angles you must think happens when dead kids are seen.

Slargos

It's certainly difficult to gauge the sensitivity topics around here, at times.

Ridicule a 5 year old buried in a playground. Cool.

Ridicule a danish soldier killed in the line of duty. Uncool.

Ridicule an afghani wedding blown to smithereens. Cool.

And so on and so forth.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Slargos on May 17, 2009, 06:21:17 AM

And so on and so forth.

Sorry if we don't fit into your little Kantian pigeonholes.

Neil

Quote from: Slargos on May 17, 2009, 06:21:17 AM

And so on and so forth.
It can be cool to ridicule dead Danish soliders.  Especially if C4 were still here.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

PDH

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 16, 2009, 11:46:29 AM
Asking for a little respect for the dead, especially innocent children isn't too much to ask. I didn't shit all over Seedy's "rocks" thread even though he was a total dick in mine.
Which dead are we supposed to respect?  All of them?  Do respect innocents that are American, or all innocents?  Does every death require a moment of silence, or just ones that are in the news?

Oh, and you never answered my question.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Razgovory

Quote from: PDH on May 17, 2009, 02:01:14 PM
Asking for a little respect for the dead, especially innocent children isn't too much to ask. I didn't shit all over Seedy's "rocks" thread even though he was a total dick in mine.
Which dead are we supposed to respect?  All of them?  Do respect innocents that are American, or all innocents?  Does every death require a moment of silence, or just ones that are in the news?

I like the system we have now.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: PDH on May 17, 2009, 02:01:14 PM

The innocent, nationality should not come into play. None require a moment of silence or anything like that, all I'm asking is that people refrain from being purposely insulting.

If you wish to view me as a moron you're free to do so, I as one would expect have a different opinion of myself.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

PDH

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 17, 2009, 02:23:55 PM
The innocent, nationality should not come into play. None require a moment of silence or anything like that, all I'm asking is that people refrain from being purposely insulting.

If you wish to view me as a moron you're free to do so, I as one would expect have a different opinion of myself.
So innocents who die and their news story gets posted should be respected.  Sounds sort of selfish since there are many other innocents who never get news stories.

I just mock the poster, that way I respect the many who die and don't get a yahoo story.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

dps

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 17, 2009, 12:05:49 AM

I can imagine what it would be like.  My imagination might pale compared to the actual event, but unlike you, I'm not so mentally stunted that I can't conceive of it.