News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The next Star Trek MMORPG: Another Epic Fail?

Started by CountDeMoney, May 16, 2009, 08:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Berkut

First program that has actually managed to lock up my Windows7 box, so that is something anyway.

Rebooted, restarted, and while it didn't lock up the box, it did crash at the same spot with the same error. Does it every time now.

Maybe there will be a patch when I get home later tonight.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Alcibiades

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 13, 2010, 07:11:29 AM
Yeah, that stuff messes things up sometimes, but I don't even have the monitor turn itself off anymore, since it got irritating when I was watching movies or just zoning out for hours ( :P) or whatever.   Last night, I just turned the monitor off and left everything else running.  Came back downstairs this morning, and there's nothing there.  A 1kb zip file and that's it in the target folder (when I went to bed, the DL was at about 35%).   :hmm:

Eh...oh well...the torrent is downloading pretty quickly/smoothly.  It'll be done right around 9am, then I guess I'll have to DL whatever large patch they released.

Was having the same problem when I'd let it download over night, failed on me three times.  Worked during the day though.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on January 13, 2010, 03:21:01 AM
Quote from: Barrister on January 13, 2010, 02:09:12 AM
So I still fully reserve the right to change my mind on this.  But after completing the tutorial... this game rocks.

You realize that if this tanks, this is your Vanguard, no?

Nope - I have very wisely put weasle words in everything I've said.  You know, like "I still fully reserve the right to change my mind". :P
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadBurgerMaker

I am:  boldly going....through the tutorial, it seems.  My dude's name is Kenny.  :)

QuoteWas having the same problem when I'd let it download over night, failed on me three times.  Worked during the day though.

Where were you DLing it from?

crazy canuck

After the patch last night things were a lot more smooth.

Granted this is early days but I am liking the immersion of the missions and the ship combat.  Tactics, maneuvering and use of skills/ships components make a difference.   Also, on ground missions flanking makes a huge difference and so it is often best not to have your party focus fire.  Instead it is better to have your party engage individual targets while you move to flank.

I Havent run into any boss type missions where I will need to group with other players yet so I may yet run into the traditional tank/dps/healer model but so far it doesnt feel like WoW.  It feels like I am a Federation Starfleet Captain.

Oh and having Spock's voice congratulate me on gaining a level is a nice touch. :nerd:

Grey Fox

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 13, 2010, 11:37:04 AM
I am:  boldly going....through the tutorial, it seems.  My dude's name is Kenny.  :)

What's your @handle? (Account name)

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

I just ordered you stupid fucks. I'll be on the USS Wallenstein.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Berkut

Too bad BBs weaseling means that if this does turn out to be awesome, he won't be able to take any credit.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 13, 2010, 12:14:41 PM
Quote from: Syt on January 13, 2010, 11:50:52 AM
But the D2D download doesn't seem to work. :unsure:

Worked great for me on Monday.

I'm getting error messages. Worked fine with DA:O. The Cryptic downloader and the torrent are both ass slow (under 150k/s).
—Stephen Jay Gould

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 13, 2010, 11:43:23 AM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 13, 2010, 11:37:04 AM

What's your @handle? (Account name)

@madburgermaker 

Syt

Ah well, torrent is downloading now at 450 k/s.
—Stephen Jay Gould