News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The next Star Trek MMORPG: Another Epic Fail?

Started by CountDeMoney, May 16, 2009, 08:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

I thought I had my ship choice I'll figured out. Cruiser but now, Dervish looks so attractive.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on January 11, 2010, 03:11:41 AM
Woo got my pre-order bonus from Amazon, but Caliga i need to clarify that if i give it to someone else i'm not losing the bonus, once i do that I'll pass it along to ya.

I'm pretty sure you do lose it kat.  Unlike the Admiral's uniform code, the pre-order codes are unique.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: katmai on January 10, 2010, 08:45:13 PM

The biggest complaints I'm hearing (besides bugs in missions) is what is the point? Where is the endgame? As it doesn't have raids like most MMOs

This just started looking better to me.  The thing I hate most about MMOs is the rush to get to the end game where all you do is sit around waiting for your party to form for a instance and then have a key tank or healer not show up so the whole thing gets scrubed.

If the whole purpose of this game is to just play through the game and not to rush to do a couple instances repeatedly then this has some promise.

edit: It gets better and better.  The Klingons and the Federation are fighting again.  I am really interested now.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 11, 2010, 01:07:00 PM
This just started looking better to me.  The thing I hate most about MMOs is the rush to get to the end game where all you do is sit around waiting for your party to form for a instance and then have a key tank or healer not show up so the whole thing gets scrubed.

It drives me crazy too.  I like levelling, I like exploring.

But there will always be people who are trying to "win" the game, which means get to max level as fast as possible.  And to keep people on the MMO treadmill you do have to make sure there's always something to do.  But I certainly won't worry if I don't become an Admiral for a really long time.

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on January 11, 2010, 11:40:38 AM
Woo got my pre-order bonus from Amazon, but Caliga i need to clarify that if i give it to someone else i'm not losing the bonus, once i do that I'll pass it along to ya.

I'm pretty sure you do lose it kat.  Unlike the Admiral's uniform code, the pre-order codes are unique.

Yes but the code with the actual item comes from the the retail key, this key is suppose to be for open beta/headstart.

Waiting to hear back from cryptic as i wrote them an e-mail.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on January 11, 2010, 01:54:58 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 11, 2010, 11:40:38 AM

Yes but the code with the actual item comes from the the retail key, this key is suppose to be for open beta/headstart.

Waiting to hear back from cryptic as i wrote them an e-mail.

Oh, those.  Yeah, I think there are separate codes for the open beta, then for the pre-order goodies, but I'm not positive.  I did see several people mention that for the Joined Trill in particular, the headstart wasn't very helpful as we wouldn't get the pre-order goodies until February 2nd by way of an email.

crazy canuck

When does the early start arrive?  I am not sure I want to spend time in the open beta but getting some pre-order goodies seems to have some advantages.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 11, 2010, 02:01:35 PM
When does the early start arrive?  I am not sure I want to spend time in the open beta but getting some pre-order goodies seems to have some advantages.

The Friday or Saturday before the official Tuesday launch.

katmai

Open beta is 1.12.10-1.26.10
Head start is 1.29.10-2.2.10

katmai

Beyond the cosmetic uniforms, the only two pre orders that supposedly are worth something after first 10 lvls is the borg bridge officer(amazon.com orders) or joined trill(digital deluxe downloads from steam, D2D and gamestop)

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on January 11, 2010, 02:05:33 PM

Beyond the cosmetic uniforms, the only two pre orders that supposedly are worth something after first 10 lvls is the borg bridge officer(amazon.com orders) or joined trill(digital deluxe downloads from steam, D2D and gamestop)

I dunno - the red matter device sounded cool for your CE.

crazy canuck

Quote from: katmai on January 11, 2010, 02:05:33 PM

I was going to go with either D2D or Steam. 

Alcibiades

Yeah, I can't decide which of the two I want either.  :rolleyes:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Grey Fox

D2D.

Just because you wont have to start Steam each time too.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 11, 2010, 02:44:24 PM
D2D.

Just because you wont have to start Steam each time too.

This.

Despite the fact that a MMO by definition has it's own security features, if you buy through Steam you'll always have to have Steam running in order to play.