Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on February 15, 2013, 05:27:01 AM
I have no idea what that means.  :hmm:

Typo, should be bone, not bond.   :blush:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Quote from: mongers on February 14, 2013, 07:56:00 PM
Ouch, forgot how to jump off my bike and clips my ankle sticky-out bone with a pedal.  :(

:pinch:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

On my way home down the valley this evening on a quiet little road, a buzzard drops out of the sky and land 20 ft in front of my bike, off to one side of the road, in the process giving a good view of all his underside colourings.

Probably he's landed to get a small mammal, he sees me and decide, possibly somewhat annoyed, to climb back into the air, and lazily take to wing flying for a while 6-8 ft in front of my bike as I cycle along, before he picks up speed and rolls off left and up into the sky.  Nice looking bird.   :cool:

mongers

Had an engaging time giving a presentation about sustainable transport this eveing, though to mix things up a bit, I turned it into more of a debate format. 
In part because, I've discovered I really dislike the sound of my own voice, with or without hearing aids, it drives me to distraction.

Everyone was politely positive about it, though that's because we're British, so who knows how well it went down.  :bowler:

Had a fun time cycling home through the forest in fog and drizzle, dodging the wildlife, though very few horses and cows about, but one has to be prepared just in case they're around the corner.   

mongers

Popped out to do some leafleting/free speech activism in one of the local towns, on the way to somewhere else, which I didn't get to in the end. 

I learnt, that Southern England has returned to it's normals state, damp and muddy, about 10 miles cross country's worth. :cool:

CountDeMoney

Leaflets?  WTF is this, Dr. Zhivago?

Eddie Teach

Does that make Swallow Lara or Tonya?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 10, 2013, 09:24:30 AM
Leaflets?  WTF is this, Dr. Zhivago?

Well if you take out the romance, the brutal weather and add in even more futility, then yes.  :)

CountDeMoney

So tell us, Strelhnikov, what kind of leaflets?  What kind of progressive monkeyshit are you flinging about?

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 10, 2013, 09:52:18 AM
So tell us, Strelhnikov, what kind of leaflets?  What kind of progressive monkeyshit are you flinging about?

Equitable distribution of the world's food, I call it the one world diet.   :)

CountDeMoney

Tonitrus

Quote from: mongers on March 10, 2013, 10:07:32 AM

Equitable distribution of the world food, I call it the one world diet.   :)

My share better not include British cuisine.  :yucky:

CountDeMoney

I'll banger and mash her, what what.

Ed Anger

There was a lot of hot jogger ass out today.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 10, 2013, 10:12:33 AM
Quote from: mongers on March 10, 2013, 10:07:32 AM

Equitable distribution of the world food, I call it the one world diet.   :)

My share better not include British cuisine.  :yucky:

It's the ingredients I'm interested in, not the end result of what each nation chooses to do with it, high-fructose corn syrup FTW.