News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Out And About.

Started by mongers, November 07, 2012, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

He could always pull a Futhark Rune or a Tarot card on his own, if he's got any handy. Or an Ogham Rune, too, for that matter.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Syt

"I say! You are in need of a soothsayer."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

merithyn

Or he could just enjoy the beauty of his area without the need for hocus pocus. :)

Mongers, do you have a camera?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Jacob

Quote from: merithyn on December 28, 2012, 09:58:08 AM
Or he could just enjoy the beauty of his area without the need for hocus pocus. :)

He left it in the car.

mongers

Quote from: Jacob on December 28, 2012, 07:14:36 PM
Quote from: merithyn on December 28, 2012, 09:58:08 AM

He left it in the car.

:D

Might as well, as bikes have destroyed two of my cameras; now anything vulnerable has to go in a messenger bag on my back. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Now that's it milder, managed to get out and do 20km up the valley yesterday, so nice to not have freezing hands and nads.

Off out to see how much mud is about following the heavy rain last night, and before it rains some more tonight and probably much of tomorrow.   :hmm:  :bowler:

PDH

Quote from: mongers on January 27, 2013, 10:52:37 AM
Now that's it milder, managed to get out and do 20km up the valley yesterday, so nice to not have freezing hands and nads.

Off out to see how much mud is about following the heavy rain last night, and before it rains some more tonight and probably much of tomorrow.   :hmm:  :bowler:

Still too cold to bike here, too icy too  :(
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on January 27, 2013, 04:43:28 PM
Quote from: mongers on January 27, 2013, 10:52:37 AM

Still too cold to bike here, too icy too  :(

Yeah that's a bummer, I'm sitting here thinking of weekend days out for the spring and summer and realising it'll be months before there's enough daylight to be able to do them.   <_<

mongers

Coming home at dusk a couple days ago, first a barn owl passed in front of me and then a heron, with the space of 30 seconds.

I think I saw the barn owl last week, so if it's hanging around it'll be the first time the meadows have had a resident owl for a fair few years. 

But this year very few swans around, maybe 3-4 on a two mile stretch of the river, most winters there's usually 3-4 dozen wintering here.  :hmm:

PDH

It was 40f today, but the streets still have snow.  By the time it all melts off there will be another snow storm.  No biking til April is the usual mantra here.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: PDH on February 02, 2013, 04:17:29 PM
It was 40f today, but the streets still have snow.  By the time it all melts off there will be another snow storm.  No biking til April is the usual mantra here.

Turbo trainer* ?

* I have no idea what those things are, just some cyclists I talk with are alway mentioning them, something to do with droplets of sweat ? :unsure:

mongers

On the bus this morning, a young woman/student carrying cello(in a case) got on and sat next to me. A minute or two later in the radio play podcast I was listening to, a main character visits a friend and interrupts here cello practice. :blink:

Bit of an odd coincidence, I don't recall having sat next to someone who was transporting any sort of orchestral instrument.

mongers

Man, I need some fresh air.  :bowler:

mongers

Ouch, forgot how to jump off my bike and clipped my ankle sticky-out bone with a pedal.  :(

Maladict

I have no idea what that means.  :hmm: