And we're back!

Main Menu

Out And About.

Started by mongers, November 07, 2012, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: mongers on August 10, 2022, 07:34:40 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on August 10, 2022, 06:43:55 AM
Quote from: Syt on August 10, 2022, 03:44:23 AMThere's not many functional phone booths in Vienna any more, but one of the more interesting ones is around the corner from me, looking like something from a post-human/post-apocalyptic future:

Does it smell as bad as the ones in the Viennese metro around, say, 2012?  :P

Duque, I think the green stain running out of the booth tells us all we need to know. :P

Rhetorical question for the eagle-eyed viewers?  :P
It's an open air phone booth remember, unlike those in the Viennese U-Bahn/tube.  :D

Syt

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on August 10, 2022, 06:43:55 AMDoes it smell as bad as the ones in the Viennese metro around, say, 2012?  :P

Considering the location, surprisingly no. There's areas around Schwedenplatz (the main "Bermuda triangle" of nightlife) that are pretty bad, though. Overall it's better than it used to be, however.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Due to the heat, I went for an evening ride yesterday, saw this odd phenomenon, a sunset; not had one impinge on my exercise for months, but the nights are now noticably on the reutrn.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Bike trip to the physio, in the rain! :yeah:

In the afternoon, did some shopping in town, time it perfectly, got soaked in a heavy shower. :cool:

Man have I MISEED the rain.

crazy canuck

Yeah, I stood outside in a brief rain shower we had over the weekend.  It was luxurious.  But in a few months I will go back to hating the constant rain.   :D

Tamas

Yeah ran an errand during lunchtime, got soaked in the rain, was a nice change of pace.

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 16, 2022, 01:52:05 PMYeah, I stood outside in a brief rain shower we had over the weekend.  It was luxurious.  But in a few months I will go back to hating the constant rain.   :D

:D

Maladict

Off to see the Vuelta in a few hours, just two blocks from my house. My city becomes the first to host the big three, after the Giro and TdF. :cool:

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on August 19, 2022, 04:42:55 AMOff to see the Vuelta in a few hours, just two blocks from my house. My city becomes the first to host the big three, after the Giro and TdF. :cool:

:cool:

Mal, more than a bit jealous. :-)

Maladict

Quote from: mongers on August 19, 2022, 06:15:57 AM
Quote from: Maladict on August 19, 2022, 04:42:55 AMOff to see the Vuelta in a few hours, just two blocks from my house. My city becomes the first to host the big three, after the Giro and TdF. :cool:

:cool:

Mal, more than a bit jealous. :-)

It's good fun out here, half a million people turned up to watch.

mongers

Two fine looking stags crossed my path as I went down a lane coming off of a hill fort in the forest.
Nice encounter, they were fallow deer, young adults and their reason for crossing the lane was to consort with a female or two under the tree cover.

mongers

Nice to see the pigs out in the New Forest pannaging over the last couple of days, some very nice (tasty looking) porkers.  :bowler:

Malthus

Well, this is concerning. A block from my house:

https://imgur.com/a/YismGf4

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

mongers

Nice evening ride out along the trails and tracks to the centre of the New Forest national park, no one around, largely had the place to myself; I'm very lucky to live where I do.

mongers

Red letter day yesterday:
Had my first ride without gloves and a hat in months, also didn't need to take bike lights with me.
First chance to do some bike maintenance without the fingers turning cold and semi-numb; probably clean off 2-3 months worth of accumulated mud and debris.

Spring is most definitely in the air; I feel the need for a journey to Wales. :D