Main Menu

Out And About.

Started by mongers, November 07, 2012, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Quote from: mongers on January 02, 2022, 08:56:24 AM
Quote from: KRonn on January 01, 2022, 06:43:07 PM
Quote from: mongers on December 31, 2021, 04:42:39 PM
Paid a visit to Breamore church this afternoon, lovely mild weather, first time I've been able to get out and about on my own steam for quite a while. Said a prayer for my elderly mother who passed away a few days before Christmas.

Very sorry to hear this Mongers. My condolences.  :(

Thank you guys for the thoughts, I'm glad she's a peace now, especially as sudden onset dementia isn't a nice way to go.

Maybe nearly 93 years old is to long to live, I'd certainly settle for a lot less, but relatively healthy years.

I'm now only really worried about my sister, as she was her main carer for a decade or more and it's really messed up her health as a result, I need to save her.  :hmm:

I've had a couple of elder relatives with dementia, one of them being my father. It's a very difficult illness to see in someone, to see them waste away like that. :(

Too bad to hear of your sister's health. I hope she can recover ok.

Tamas

I am sorry for your loss, Mongers.

Josquius

Oh no. That sucks mongers. Hope you're alright.
██████
██████
██████

Maladict

Mongers, go see the photo exhibit at the Salisbury museum and report back please. Thanks!

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on February 02, 2022, 10:07:37 AM
Mongers, go see the photo exhibit at the Salisbury museum and report back please. Thanks!

I'm only doing some research for a few display objects at the moment, so won't be going in for two or three weeks, but I will check out the aerial photo exhibit and report back, cheers.  :)

Edit:
Oh I like the photo they've chosen for the webpage to illustrate the event:

For others interest that's Badbury Rings in Mid-Dorset.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

I have the day off and seeing the tail end of an exhibit at the British Library. I didn't realize my ticket was for exact time library opens so waiting for it to open. Naturally, the British public has formed a queue nearly the length of the courtyard as we wait to get in.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Passed this on my way home tonight.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Walked through a field of sheep to see ruins of Camber Castle yesterday. Felt like mongers walking along country trails.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on March 07, 2022, 02:41:53 PMWalked through a field of sheep to see ruins of Camber Castle yesterday. Felt like mongers walking along country trails.

:hug:

KRonn

Quote from: garbon on March 07, 2022, 02:41:53 PMWalked through a field of sheep to see ruins of Camber Castle yesterday. Felt like mongers walking along country trails.

That surely had to be a fun walk to a cool location! :)

Richard Hakluyt

I didn't know this castle existed. Looks really interesting though; will have to visit on my next trip to that area  :cool:

mongers

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on March 08, 2022, 06:36:57 AMI didn't know this castle existed. Looks really interesting though; will have to visit on my next trip to that area  :cool:

I'd not heard of it either, I could probably include it in a visit to Battle abbey and hastings battlefield.

garbon

I think they have tours in summer time that take you inside the ruin.

mongers

The Catkins are out and saw my first humble/bumble bee today, Spring is well and truly here, time to get out and about more. :cool:

mongers

Nice late afternoon Spring bike ride out into the national park, my first significant ride in the New Forest in months.
Definitely time to pull my finger out and get out and about more. :-)