News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Out And About.

Started by mongers, November 07, 2012, 08:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Oh this being the UK, we've some masks under noses and a few masks under chins. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on December 18, 2021, 05:58:56 AM
Oh this being the UK, we've some masks under noses and a few masks under chins. <_<

I find it difficult to not suggest to them, 'maybe/have you consider wearing it over your nose to better protect yourself?'  un- :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

I am not back in the UK as my flight last night was cancelled due to engine troubles. I'm rebooked on same flight today but can't check-in as I'm no longer verified via the VeriFly app and it won't let you create a same day trip. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on December 31, 2021, 11:10:57 AM
I am not back in the UK as my flight last night was cancelled due to engine troubles. I'm rebooked on same flight today but can't check-in as I'm no longer verified via the VeriFly app and it won't let you create a same day trip. -_-

:( Hope you can get back on track with your arrangements.

Maladict

Quote from: garbon on December 31, 2021, 11:10:57 AM

Man that flight back from the US was even more stressful than getting there. Didn't help that the restrictions for returning were upped twice in the two weeks I was there.
And then the weather and all the delays and cancellations on top of that.

Hope you get back soon, spending New Year's on a plane must suck though.

mongers

Paid a visit to Breamore church this afternoon, lovely mild weather, first time I've been able to get out and about on my own steam for quite a while. Said a prayer for my elderly mother who passed away a few days before Christmas.

garbon

Thanks, both. I've a new covid test and will be at airport early in case they accidentally overbooked.

Maladict

Quote from: mongers on December 31, 2021, 04:42:39 PM
Paid a visit to Breamore church this afternoon, lovely mild weather, first time I've been able to get out and about on my own steam for quite a while. Said a prayer for my elderly mother who passed away a few days before Christmas.

Oh no  :(  So sorry to hear that mongers.

Syt

My condolences, mongers. :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jacob

My condolences Mongers

Sheilbh

Very sorry to hear that Mongers.

It looks like a lovely church - going in for a quick prayer reminds me of Larkin's Church Going "a serious house on serious earth".
Let's bomb Russia!

KRonn

Very sorry to hear this Mongers. My condolences.  :(

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on January 01, 2022, 06:43:07 PM

Very sorry to hear this Mongers. My condolences.  :(

Thank you guys for the thoughts, I'm glad she's a peace now, especially as sudden onset dementia isn't a nice way to go.

Maybe nearly 93 years old is to long to live, I'd certainly settle for a lot less, but relatively healthy years.

I'm now only really worried about my sister, as she was her main carer for a decade or more and it's really messed up her health as a result, I need to save her.  :hmm:

Maladict

Quote from: mongers on January 02, 2022, 08:56:24 AM

Thank you guys for the thoughts, I'm glad she's a peace now, especially as sudden onset dementia isn't a nice way to go.

Maybe nearly 93 years old is to long to live, I'd certainly settle for a lot less, but relatively healthy years.

I'm now only really worried about my sister, as she was her main carer for a decade or more and it's really messed up her health as a result, I need to save her.  :hmm:

Make sure you take care of yourself, too.

And yeah, you wouldn't wish dementia on your worst enemy. Or rather, on whoever your enemy cares about.