And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing some more.

Started by Maximus, November 07, 2012, 01:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

Quote from: Solmyr on April 08, 2013, 01:27:50 PM
Quote from: ulmont on April 08, 2013, 12:46:37 PM
We have to play this out to see whether sbr, Sol, or I (extreme longshot) win first...

You'd probably need to try for a military autowin if anything.

You think?  :D

Solmyr

Sbr is up, anyway. Let's see who is boss. :P

sbr

Moved Ali and 5 Corsairs to Barbury Coast

Solmyr

And now for the final stroke...

QuoteSpain: Play Card as Event

#100: 2 / Enterprise of England [MANDATORY]
Add up a total count of: the number of Jesuits in England, the number of Catholic spaces in England, the number of spaces in England under Spanish control, and the number of Spanish regulars in England. Award Enterprise of England VP as follows based on that count. 1-2: 1 VP to England, -1 VP to Spain; 3-4: 1 VP to England; 5-6: no VP awarded; 7-10 1 VP to Spain; 11-15: 2 VP to Spain, -1 VP to England; 16+: 3 VP to Spain, -2 VP to England. Card remains in deck each turn.

[FAQ: Count spaces under Spanish control even if they are Catholic (i.e., some spaces may count for more than one of these items). Ignore Unrest entirely when making these counts.]

Message from Spain:
1 Jesuit, 9 Catholic spaces, 4 Spanish-controlled spaces, 2 Spanish regulars, total 16. 3 VP to Spain, -2 VP to England.

1-2/2: Converge all fleets in Tyrrhenian Sea.

Spain is at 29 VP. :whistle: Tamas is up.

ulmont

SBR, you're clearly fucked, but if you DoW me and move out of those 2 keys, I can deny Solmyr the win.  Just sayin'.

Maladict

Wow, what happened to England?

Viking

Quote from: Maladict on April 09, 2013, 03:33:59 AM
Wow, what happened to England?

crappy dice rolling, combined with spain getting enough space to max out carribean defenses....
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

Quote from: ulmont on April 08, 2013, 07:30:19 PM
SBR, you're clearly fucked, but if you DoW me and move out of those 2 keys, I can deny Solmyr the win.  Just sayin'.

By winning yourself, you mean. :P

Doesn't really matter at this point. Either I win by VP or Sbr hands Ulmont the autowin. Might as well start a new game, unless you really want to roll those assaults?

I raked in 9 VP from Dutch Revolt and Enterprise of England in this game. Spain should never get so much, even though we had each card twice. Only reason was that I had enough time to fuck with England and the Protestants, and not having to worry about Ottomans in the Med for several turns was a big factor in that. The Protestants (Dutch and English) never really got the upper hand in their own areas.

ulmont

Quote from: Solmyr on April 09, 2013, 10:21:27 AM
By winning yourself, you mean. :P

:whistle:

Doesn't really matter at this point. Either I win by VP or Sbr hands Ulmont the autowin. Might as well start a new game, unless you really want to roll those assaults?

I'm ready to start a new game, but I'll let sbr weigh in on if he thinks he can grab 6 VP first.  [spoiler]He can't[/spoiler]

The Protestants (Dutch and English) never really got the upper hand in their own areas.

Which royally fucked my Protestant HRE.

sbr

I won't walk away and hand anyone the win, and even though I still have some cards I agree I can't do anything to keep Sol from winning.  I guess that means its over.

I think I am going to take a break from the game, unless you absolutely can't find a 6th player. 

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Thread for new game here: http://languish.org/forums/index.php/topic,9652.0.html

Feel free to talk here if you have any final comments for this game. It certainly was an odd one.

Tamas

What? I shouldn't move? Not much point to it, thats for sure.