News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing some more.

Started by Maximus, November 07, 2012, 01:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Pirated the French in Adriatic and scored one hit.

Solmyr

I am playing my HC for 5 CP English Catholic rebellion. Spain gets 5+2 (informant)+1 (cipher key)+1 (Jesuit)+3 (Mary alive)+4 (Spanish regulars in England)=16 attack dice, vs 5 English defense dice. Viking to decide if he plays defensive Walsingham in response.

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on April 06, 2013, 04:09:58 AM
I am playing my HC for 5 CP English Catholic rebellion. Spain gets 5+2 (informant)+1 (cipher key)+1 (Jesuit)+3 (Mary alive)+4 (Spanish regulars in England)=16 attack dice, vs 5 English defense dice. Viking to decide if he plays defensive Walsingham in response.

Walsingham defensive
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

I'll just end the game and roll this....

16 spanish dice vs. 5 english dice

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

QuoteEngland: Die roll request
Request: 6-sided die x 16

Message from England:
Evil spanish game winning dice roll (hits on 6)

3 hits

Viking

QuoteEngland: Die roll request
Request: 6-sided die x 5

Message from England:
Doomed english defense rolls (hits on 5 and 6)

2 hits, Spain has 1 net hit. Reveal English hand to Spain.

Viking

Playing the revealed card to end the english turn. I'm surprised the game isn't over yet.

QuoteEngland: Play Card as Event
#83: 2 / Dutch Revolt [MANDATORY]
Count the number of spaces under Spanish political control (and not in Unrest) in the Netherlands. Award Dutch Revolt VP as follows based on that count. 0 spaces: 3 VP to the Protestant, 1-7 spaces: 2 VP to Protestant, 1 VP to England; 8-11 spaces: 1 VP to Protestant, Spain and England; 12-19 spaces: 2 VP to Spain; 20-21 spaces: 3 VP to Spain. Card remains in deck each turn.

Message from England:
1/2 remove unrest in london
2/2 assault York

12 spaces under spanish control, so 2 VP to spain.

The assault is 4 dice vs 3 dice attacking york. Solmyr can play defensive cards and roll.

Viking

Note, I did warn max I had dutch revolt, blame him for keeping spain at 12 areas.

Edit: by the way, my hand this turn

1 cp fireships
2 cp papal bull
2 cp dutch revolt

brilliant hand if you ask me. If I had to contruct an english hand more useful for spain I think only replacing fireships with enterprise of england would have made my hand worse.

Viking

BTW, GG everybody.. in principle I'm up for another one.. but, I'll only do that if somebody can link me to an AAR where england wins....

Solmyr

Spain extends its impulse play with a treasure to draw a card, then resolves the York assault.

QuoteSpain: Die roll request

Request: 6-sided die x 7

Message from Spain:
Assault on York, 4 English vs 3 Spanish dice.
English Protestants and Catholics exchange some ineffectual fire at York with no casualties on either side. Catholic Yorkists hold out while the Dutch submit to the inevitable.

File sent. Tamas is next, after he decides whether to give the Ottomans a VP or a card.

Solmyr

Quote from: Viking on April 06, 2013, 07:41:16 AM
BTW, GG everybody.. in principle I'm up for another one.. but, I'll only do that if somebody can link me to an AAR where england wins....

Wasn't there an earlier Languish game where Ulmont (IIRC) won as England?

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on April 06, 2013, 09:18:24 AM
Spain extends its impulse play with a treasure to draw a card, then resolves the York assault.

QuoteSpain: Die roll request

Request: 6-sided die x 7

Message from Spain:
Assault on York, 4 English vs 3 Spanish dice.
English Protestants and Catholics exchange some ineffectual fire at York with no casualties on either side. Catholic Yorkists hold out while the Dutch submit to the inevitable.

File sent. Tamas is next, after he decides whether to give the Ottomans a VP or a card.

yeah, I sort of used my entire hand this turn to set this assault up...

Solmyr

ulmont

Quote from: Solmyr on April 06, 2013, 09:19:15 AM
Quote from: Viking on April 06, 2013, 07:41:16 AM

Wasn't there an earlier Languish game where Ulmont (IIRC) won as England?

I was very close (at 25 VP).  Habbaku claims he had the means to tie my VP and win on the tie-breaker, but the game never ended (garbon just stopped playing).

Solmyr

Btw Viking, will you execute Mary of Scots? The rebellion results allows you to do that for -1 VP.