News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing some more.

Started by Maximus, November 07, 2012, 01:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Oh yeah, true. So it's 12 Prot vs 10 French dice then, unless Tamas plays a CC.

Maximus

Yea, the stack is Henry+Colligny+7r+3m

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on April 03, 2013, 10:50:39 AM
That's pretty brave, 9 dice vs 10. Of course, Tamas could roll like Viking. Are you taking only Henry Navarre from Rouen, since he can move your entire stack?

hey Tamas, should I roll for you for shits and giggles... when I roll for others I roll masterfully. I suspect I'd get 8 or 9 hits from 10 dice.

But seriously people. I'm trying to figure out what if anything I did wrong here. Bad dice shouldn't leave me in a position where no victory is possible.

My basic early plan was to quickly garrison dublin to make the Irish revolt card unlikely to succeed without a anti-merc card played in support. Build up my fleet to see it converted to race built galleons when possible. Not to bother with scotland since I'd never keep it since I'd constantly be at a disadvantage to protestants or france. My cunning plan was to use the excellent Dee twice since I had first dibs on science due to having a level 3 scientist at start and could get that observatory and the plantations bonus to support my plan of having max colonies.

Apart from my failure to gain any treasures from colonies, gain any vp from scientists, operate at a large net loss in piracy I managed to keep Ireland. Was my basic plan fundamentally flawed? Or were Sol's defenses in the indies the deciding factor.

His conversions in england were dice luck and card luck related since he just hit twice as often as I did and my cards were crap.

What, if anything, did I do wrong? imho, one does not get as crap results as I got by merely rolling badly.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

Quote from: Viking on April 03, 2013, 12:21:31 PM
Apart from my failure to gain any treasures from colonies, gain any vp from scientists, operate at a large net loss in piracy I managed to keep Ireland. Was my basic plan fundamentally flawed? Or were Sol's defenses in the indies the deciding factor.

They were. Losing Drake robbed you of major VP. Of course, that's not entirely your fault as I had time to build up NW defenses.

Not getting treasures from colonies or VP from scientists *is* rolling badly. :P

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on April 03, 2013, 12:47:12 PM
Quote from: Viking on April 03, 2013, 12:21:31 PM

They were. Losing Drake robbed you of major VP. Of course, that's not entirely your fault as I had time to build up NW defenses.

Not getting treasures from colonies or VP from scientists *is* rolling badly. :P

given that you prefer to give me vp when I do hit then it wasn't too much of a loss. Seriously.

Did I do anything wrong? Strategy or tacticswise?

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

ulmont

Quote from: Viking on April 03, 2013, 12:59:06 PM

given that you prefer to give me vp when I do hit then it wasn't too much of a loss. Seriously.

Tactics-wise, I never would have risked Drake the way you did.

Viking

Quote from: ulmont on April 03, 2013, 01:47:16 PM
Quote from: Viking on April 03, 2013, 12:59:06 PM

Tactics-wise, I never would have risked Drake the way you did.

I was already well out of it by then... but, yes, I knew that at the time but was past caring...

Tamas

Somebody plz roll the battle

Tamas

ulmont

Which removes the Prot and French mercs, and leaves Henry of Navarre in Rouen.  Max should probably send out a final file.

Solmyr

Or sbr can do that in his file since he's playing next (just need to remove the French mercs in Paris, the Prot mercs aren't on the board).

ulmont

Quote from: Solmyr on April 04, 2013, 03:00:43 PM
Or sbr can do that in his file since he's playing next (just need to remove the French mercs in Paris, the Prot mercs aren't on the board).

Yeah, but then sbr also has to move "Maurice + William + 5r to Calais".

Solmyr

Well, whoever gets to a computer first can do it. :P

Maximus

Solmyr