News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Elite: Dangerous

Started by Tamas, November 06, 2012, 04:03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Arvoreen on December 13, 2016, 10:17:05 AM
That's awesome!  I haven't managed to find where I can buy a passenger pod yet...but that could be related to the fact I'm flying an Imperial Eagle right now, with I think 0 cargo space at the moment :D

If you post that system name, I think I might try to head over there and help push out the commies :)

:thumbsup:

The system is BD+35 3145, it has one single base.

I have been pushing the "LP 280-9"-something faction, a corporation that rules the neighbouring LP 280-9 system and has been expanding into BD+35.  BTW do not buy stuff at BD+35, only sell, as allagedly buying helps the ruling faction, while selling hurts it. :)

Small passenger cabins (economy ones) are fairly common around those parts, I bought my big one (needs a 4-dots space) containing 8 economy-class spaces in a high tech world, forgot the name, sorry.

It seemed to me like I had to scan the nav buoy that was the passengers' target for the mission to be (half-)successful, but I am not sure.

Tamas

Quote from: Razgovory on December 13, 2016, 10:26:53 AM
Is it weird that if you turn off your engine you space ship stops?

IIRC that's with flight assist on, which is the default setting.

Which reminds me: is smuggling still about floating through the base entrance without a heat/electric signature? That's not only hard but also a bit lame, I have always thought. Surely authorities can spot a huge hulking spaceship with Mark I Eyeballs, suspiciously trying hard not to be scanned.

Razgovory

I'll confess that the whole lack of momentum thing really deflated my enthusiasm.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Arvoreen

Yea, flight assist causes that, and it defaults to on.  You can turn it off, or even set up a toggle (for your stealth float into the station).

MadBurgerMaker

Yeah on some ships you can see the thrusters in the front firing in order to slow you down (with flight assist on). 

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on December 13, 2016, 03:12:46 PM
I'll confess that the whole lack of momentum thing really deflated my enthusiasm.

You should have voted anyway. :angry:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Arvoreen

Quote from: Tamas on December 13, 2016, 10:49:16 AM
Quote from: Arvoreen on December 13, 2016, 10:17:05 AM
That's awesome!  I haven't managed to find where I can buy a passenger pod yet...but that could be related to the fact I'm flying an Imperial Eagle right now, with I think 0 cargo space at the moment :D

If you post that system name, I think I might try to head over there and help push out the commies :)

:thumbsup:

The system is BD+35 3145, it has one single base.

I have been pushing the "LP 280-9"-something faction, a corporation that rules the neighbouring LP 280-9 system and has been expanding into BD+35.  BTW do not buy stuff at BD+35, only sell, as allagedly buying helps the ruling faction, while selling hurts it. :)

Small passenger cabins (economy ones) are fairly common around those parts, I bought my big one (needs a 4-dots space) containing 8 economy-class spaces in a high tech world, forgot the name, sorry.

It seemed to me like I had to scan the nav buoy that was the passengers' target for the mission to be (half-)successful, but I am not sure.

Nice, only 155 LY away...glad I have a 16LY range :) Only 12 Jumps

Berkut

This looks interesting but...if I wanted to play this, why wouldn't I just play Eve instead?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Arvoreen

You couldn't find a commie station a little closer than 11,000 Ls out from the star? :D

And as far as I know, landing on planets requires Horizons, but most of the rest of the content is included (community goals. powers/factions, etc)

Tamas

Sorry :D

Berkut, this isn't it EvE. I see a lot of PvPers whining for this and that. I play solo which means I play in the same universe but I never encounter players. Even if you play Open there are instances, and there is no base building and such.

But the graphics and scale are magnificent, the flying is like a flight sim not like an RTS. I have never felt closer in a game to feeling like flying around in our actual galaxy in a far, possible future.

Tamas

Is there a special way to use burst lasers? I am not overly impressed by them. I like my "machine guns" much better even if they use ammo.

Tamas

I am getting quite certain I'll pursue  an exploration/passenger "career" in the game. Last night I saw a passenger mission about getting somebody to a "pulsar earth like" to some, IIRC, 14k light years away. That's just awesome.  :lol:

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Tamas on December 15, 2016, 05:13:12 AM
Is there a special way to use burst lasers? I am not overly impressed by them. I like my "machine guns" much better even if they use ammo.

Yeah:  Take them off and put pulse or beam lasers or your machine guns on there instead.   :P 

I just use beams on the shields then multicannons to tear up the hull (Asp Explorer).  Seems to work pretty well, but I haven't played since before the latest update so they may have changed some stuff.

Josquius

Think I'll finally get this in the sale.
Just need the base game or is the stuff in the season pack worthwhile?
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

Quote from: Tyr on December 23, 2016, 02:46:07 PM
Think I'll finally get this in the sale.
Just need the base game or is the stuff in the season pack worthwhile?

Play the basegame for awhile then see what you think.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.