I want a successor to frontier, not eve- fucking- online
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on January 06, 2013, 06:27:24 PM
uh oh. Huge red light on that bbc article: ' multiplayer title' :bleeding:
I want a successor to frontier, not eve- fucking- online

it is my understanding that you will also be able to play SP, but if I am mistaken, I will send a strongly worded letter  :mad:

Tamas

Tamas

So much will an Oculus Rift cost when it will be properly out? I want it for this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey22m463104

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Tamas on March 17, 2014, 05:23:08 AM
So much will an Oculus Rift cost when it will be properly out? I want it for this game.

Good question.  They've said they want to put out *another* development version after Crystal Cove before they start talking about opening up pre-orders.
Experience bij!

grumbler

Quote from: Tamas on March 17, 2014, 05:23:08 AM

That looks like a lot of lifespan spent on something not really relevant to the game.  Who would want to play out that sequence over and over and over?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Yeah, I'm not seeing the appeal to mandatory parallel parking for space ships.  I guess there is a demand for it, I mean there is a demand for tractor and bus simulators, but I don't see the appeal.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

celedhring

Docking your ship was an absolute PITA in the Classic Elite, I suppose they decided to follow on the tradition.

I hope at least one of this or Star Citizen comes good, after the latest X title turned out even more disjointed than the previous ones. I want a good trade/combat space sim.

Warspite

I'm looking forward to the cargo loading subgame.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Josquius

My thoughts too watching that docking sequence. Seems a complete pain.
Yeah, the original Elite's docking was bad enough. This seems to be like that but even more so. Hopefully auto dockers will be cheap and easy.
██████
██████
██████

Crazy_Ivan80

for the spacesimmers it seems to be a good few weeks:

first elite that goes to the next stage of beta (or somesuch) and now (finally) the dogfighting module of starcitizen that got released.
Managed to play the second for a bit and it seems decent enough. Looks pretty good.

at some point I'll need to purchase elite too I think.

Warspite

I cracked. I dropped £50 on the beta access. It's downloading now. I'm about to regress into myself, aged six.  :ph34r:
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Warspite

For a beta, it's a lot of fun. I've given it two evenings' play and, because a lot of the gameplay dynamics aren't yet implemented, I've mostly been hauling commodities around.

It's very, very pretty, and the sound is remarkably good, which really helps with the immersion - one thing I always disliked the X series for not doing very well. The virtual cockpit is a real highlight, and apparently it's fantastic with Oculus Rift. Looking around the Galactic Map gives a sense of immense scale. Once the full game is out, I'm in half a mind to collect a few mates and head out in the middle of uncharted space and set up an ultra-libertarian nutcase colony living off fuel scoops and canned food.

There should be a major update tomorrow that adds the exploration dynamics, in which you can make an in-game career surveying uncharted systems for money, as well as adding 400 more worlds.

The model of the game seems to be a good balance of solo and persistent online world. You can play the game completely offline, though you lose the updates from the persistent online universe; you can play the game in private online groups; or you can play completely online in the main game mode, which in practice means you can have either a solo game experience by not interacting with players, or you can muck in with the other players in various ways.

While there's no story line planned for the game, the idea seems to be that players will make their own narratives - as for example the brewing civil war in the Federation indicates. I do hope however a modding facility is introduced to allow story-lines to be created and played in the solo mode.

Most importantly, the game - unlike anything I've played since the original Elite series - feels like Elite.

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA