News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Call the Electoral Vote

Started by jimmy olsen, November 05, 2012, 11:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Let's see who the better prognosticator is.

I say 281-257 for Barrack "the Islamic Shock" Obama

Popular vote margin will be within one percent, and either candidate could win it.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Romney wins Iowa due to Yi's unflagging efforts.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

mongers

Some one wins; Americans lose again.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Zoupa

mongers

Voting under way!

2357: The candidates are barely off the stump and polls are about to open in the first voting precinct in the country: Dixville Notch, New Hampshire. The handful of voters - 10, according to the Associated Press - will be the first to cast their ballots just after the stroke of midnight on election day.
0005: Barack Obama and Mitt Romney win five votes each in New Hampshire hamlet of Dixville Notch, opening US election 2012.

And it's already a dead heat.   :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Zoupa

Voila. I gave Obama Missouri for shits and giggles, since it's semi-close there. NC also, why not.

jimmy olsen

North Carolina is a lot more plausible than Missouri I think.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Zoupa

Yup. Even Florida's a stretch on my map, but hey, you never know.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 06, 2012, 12:29:25 AM
North Carolina is a lot more plausible than Missouri I think.

My polling numbers indicate 100% of Missourians favor Obama, it's just a question of whether they can make it out of the house to the polling station.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I'll do my part for Missouri, for all the good it does.  Still I can help keep Todd Akin out of the senate.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

You know, I look forward to the end of the campaigns.

There'll be a couple weeks of disagreeing analysis why X won and Y lost, in half a year everyone will be back to the normal bitching about the incompetent idiot in the White House, and in two years, two and a half tops, the whole merry-go-round will start spinning up again when the parties start looking for 2016 candidates.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Phillip V

I give Obama a 75% likelihood of winning the election. The latter two debates slowed Romney's momentum, and Hurricane Sandy put a break on the campaign while boosting the President in a non-partisan coming together moment. Further, short-term economic indicators have held up with unemployment rate still under 8%, housing stabilizing, consumer spending up, and the Dow above 13000.

However, as I have stressed time and time again, Romney remains uncomfortably within striking distance. In public polling, Obama's margins are just not high enough ("consistently small") to be assured of victory in swing states such as Ohio, New Hampshire, and even Nevada. Thus, this "Romney Surprise" is quite possible:

Finally, if the Bradley effect and campaign internal polling are as bad as I suspect:

While Obama is more likely to win the election, a Romney is landslide is more likely than an Obama landslide according to my calculations. :D

Zoupa

I'm not laughing at you or your prediction. I'm laughing in America's general direction if that happens. Again.