News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Economist and Mayor Bloomberg endorse Obama

Started by Queequeg, November 01, 2012, 07:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Favorite part is National Review's response:
QuoteBoth The Economist and Nurse Bloomberg endorse Obama today.

Liberal establishment backs liberal candidate.

Move along, nothing to see here.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

The Economist already supported Obama in 2008, but I'm pretty sure Bloomberg didn't cast his hat back then.

Sheilbh

I think this is the first time the Economist's endorsed an incumbent since Dole - maybe even earlier.
Let's bomb Russia!

Queequeg

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 01, 2012, 07:37:40 PM
I think this is the first time the Economist's endorsed an incumbent since Dole - maybe even earlier.
They endorsed Dole it looks like.
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

CountDeMoney

celedhring

Quote from: Queequeg on November 01, 2012, 07:40:32 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on November 01, 2012, 07:37:40 PM
They endorsed Dole it looks like.

Checking their endorsement history, it actually looks like it's the first time The Economist endorse an incumbent, indeed.

http://www.economist.com/node/12499760?story_id=12499760

Kleves

Neither endorsement was ringing, and both seemed driven more by concern over Mitt's flip-flopping than by satisfaction with Obama.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 01, 2012, 07:45:21 PM
I like Nurse Bloomberg.  :(

We'll just have to disagree on him. I think he is a nosy zit.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 01, 2012, 07:49:44 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 01, 2012, 07:45:21 PM
I like Nurse Bloomberg.  :(

We'll just have to disagree on him. I think he is a nosy zit.

:lol:  Yes, I just suppose we will. 

PUT THAT BIG GULP DOWN
BIG GULPS ARE FOR CLOSERS

Ed Anger

Queequeg

Quote from: Kleves on November 01, 2012, 07:49:28 PM
Neither endorsement was ringing, and both seemed driven more by concern over Mitt's flip-flopping than by satisfaction with Obama.
Still think it is revealing of NR's insanity that The Economist is considered Liberal Establishment.

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Queequeg on November 01, 2012, 07:55:43 PM
Still think it is revealing of NR's insanity that The Economist is considered Liberal Establishment.

Probably not nearly as surprising as it is to The Economist  :lol:

But they came to terms with that particular designation by Americans over 20 years ago.