News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Voting for President, for the wrong reasons?

Started by Berkut, November 01, 2012, 02:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

From a moderate perspective, I think Obama's been an okay President. :D

Eddie Teach

From an apathetic, semi-incoherent perspective, I think Romney would be a horrible President. And a cultist.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

I just made the mistake of reading a couple of Israeli articles about American elections, or American articles from concerned Jews.  Ugh, utterly disgusting.  One of the idiots even went so far as to accuse Obama of lacking professionalism for not putting aside his personal antisemitism when dealing with Israel.  What Israelis are going to get for their effort is a massive backlash, and it's going to be fully deserved.

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 03, 2012, 11:16:22 AM
From an apathetic, semi-incoherent perspective, I think Romney would be a horrible President. And a cultist.  :P

I don't think Romney would be that bad as President.  Of course I'm assuming he's lying most of the time.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

From an ethnic Albertan perspective, you guys made a big mistake in 1776.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Phillip V

Quote from: DGuller on November 03, 2012, 11:29:24 AM
I just made the mistake of reading a couple of Israeli articles about American elections, or American articles from concerned Jews.  Ugh, utterly disgusting.  One of the idiots even went so far as to accuse Obama of lacking professionalism for not putting aside his personal antisemitism when dealing with Israel.  What Israelis are going to get for their effort is a massive backlash, and it's going to be fully deserved.
Muslims will get the backlash, and Israel will once again reign on both sides of the Jordan River.

Razgovory

Israel has gone kinda nutso with Sharon gone.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on November 03, 2012, 11:32:17 AM
From an ethnic Albertan perspective, you guys made a big mistake in 1776.

Yeah, we could have been under populated domain of servile Indians.

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on November 03, 2012, 11:41:37 AM

Israel has gone kinda nutso with Sharon gone.
Yeah, but Obama Derangement Syndrome has hit it harder than it hit Alabama.  It also hit it earlier, since Israelis disliked Obama ever since he entered the primary six years ago.

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

DGuller

Eddie Teach

How come we don't have any black smilies anyway?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller