News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

WWE 13

Started by Mr. Grey, November 01, 2012, 06:19:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Grey

I haven't watched wrestling since '02, but I did love the old n64 wrestling games and decided to give WWE 13 a try....not too shabby.

I mean, it has the Brooklyn Brawler!!! Well, that is actually a lie......but it does have Goldust! I couldn't stop laughing after giving some 12 year old three shattered dreams before he disconnected....and for non-wrestling fans...it is a running punt to the crotch.  :menace:

If you were a fan of wrestling in the mid-late 90s,  give it a try.
Autokrator lives

Sophie Scholl

Tempting.  Unless it has the potential for the Piper Dance, it will never match the awesomeness of the N64 games.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Syt

I watched WWF/WCW in the late 80s/early 90s, but they lost me during the Attitude era. Guess I'll pass on this one.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Mr. Grey

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on November 01, 2012, 10:32:10 AM
Tempting.  Unless it has the potential for the Piper Dance, it will never match the awesomeness of the N64 games.

Goon!
I will go through the custom taunts to see if the Piper dance is included!
How did I forget about that!

I watched WWF in the 80s and stopped around '91, but then started watching WCW around '97...mainly because all my favorites from the 80s moved to WCW. I only know most of the attitude era wrestlers from playing No Mercy on the 64.

The community downloads are nice....I got Ravishing Rick Rude, Mr. Perfect, and Razor Ramon last night and it is hard to tell that they are CAWs. If only I could find a Rick Martel w/Arrogance spray bottle!

Autokrator lives

Barrister

I was into wrestling as a kid (Hulk Hogan / Andre the Giant era), and was into it again in the early aughts (Steve Austin/The Rock/Kurt Angle), and did play a few wrestling games back then.  Reasonably amusing for awhile, but I have to admit I have little interest in picking one up now.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

I remember playing the old Wrestlemania games when I was a kid, and those were fun.  And WCW Revenge was the perfect wrestling game in my opinion, what with the huge cast and the variety of moves that you could pull off, as well as the fact that the N64 supported four players meant that it was fun at house parties.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on November 02, 2012, 02:08:13 PM
I remember playing the old Wrestlemania games when I was a kid, and those were fun.  And WCW Revenge was the perfect wrestling game in my opinion, what with the huge cast and the variety of moves that you could pull off, as well as the fact that the N64 supported four players meant that it was fun at house parties.

There were some fun times at the Frat house playing I think it was WCW Revenge with 4 controllers.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.