News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

AGEOD's WW1

Started by Tamas, May 15, 2009, 10:31:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tamas on September 21, 2009, 02:02:42 PM
So I stopped this because I got annoyed: some chain of events and checks in the turn of the US going pro-Allied skyrocketed the Russian National Will back to 35. After a throughout search of logs and events I concluded this was either a bug, or a failed revolt which also failed to leave a mark in the gamelogs (unlikely, but possible).

I might end up continuing, or starting over when the next patch gets out. There is already a new beta one.

And thats because the developer guy and Thibaut are working on a "gold" version. Among the planned additions I think the most important is a separate stack organizing window, so you can stop with the annoying drag and drop shuffling of units within stacks. Also they will convert the map to a normal north-south allignment altough I hope it will be optional and I hate them for wasting precious time on such a triviality (Calvinus had to code a converter, and Thibaut now has to fix up the result or something like that).

Uh-huh. Gold version. Polishing the turd up to a nice shine.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tamas

Lucidor

Map doesn't seem to suck anymore.

crazy canuck

The Western Front is now in the West.

What about all the interface problems?

Razgovory

Why is France in the midst of summer while Germany is trapped in eternal winter?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: Razgovory on March 28, 2010, 12:40:03 PM
Why is France in the midst of summer while Germany is trapped in eternal winter?
Play balance.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tamas

Its January, FFS

Razgovory

But only in Germany?

I never did get any AGEOD games.  I was thinking about the civil war one.  Is it worth getting.  I tried the demo but the fucker wouldn't even start for me.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Tamas

Quote from: Razgovory on March 28, 2010, 02:42:42 PM
But only in Germany?

I never did get any AGEOD games.  I was thinking about the civil war one.  Is it worth getting.  I tried the demo but the fucker wouldn't even start for me.

there are weather zones, just like in the boardgame

Tamas

About the new army reorg window which should eliminate the annoying drag and dropping:

QuoteThis new window allows you to manage stacks located in the same area, during the Military phase. During the Redeployment phase, instead, you can also manage forces located everywhere (on the same Front, for instance), in order to redeploy them quickly from one stack (in one place) to another stack (in another place). Also, you will be able to assign leaders command.
During all phase, finally, you can change the army assignment of not-HQ stacks, according to the standard restrictions of course (i.e.: you cannot assign a stack to VI army if it contains a unit that can belong only to III army!).

The Brain

Can you do WC as Sweden?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: grumbler on March 28, 2010, 01:26:44 PM
Play balance.

It balances the German Army's heavenly support (manifested by their angelic halos) as opposed to the French, who are constantly enveloped in a dark, noxious cloud (poison gas?)

Looks like pro-Central Powers revisionism gone rampant.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

I tried the Demo of the civil war game.  The tutorial... Well it's better then the ones in HOI3 but it still needs work.  It does remind me a wargame I once played but I can't remember what it is called.

Berkut

Just play the South and you will find the game is awesome.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned