Oldschoolish fantasy dungeoncrawlers, but better graphics than Rogue plz

Started by Tamas, May 15, 2009, 08:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Any recommendations? :D I remember a recently released game discussed here recently but could find the thread.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tamas

Syt

Shrapnelgames have some sort of random dungeon crawl game, I think.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

saskganesh

just play BG or IWD. great games that continue to be modded. and most definitely "old school."
humans were created in their own image

Habbaku

Quote from: saskganesh on May 15, 2009, 03:45:22 PM
just play BG or IWD. great games that continue to be modded. and most definitely "old school."

BG2 + expansion will give him 30-odd hours of play, certainly.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

vinraith

Etrian Odyssey 1 & 2 and The Dark Spire on DS are the closest things to real old school dungeon crawls made in the last few years.

fhdz

Quote from: vinraith on May 15, 2009, 04:34:01 PM
Etrian Odyssey 1 & 2 and The Dark Spire on DS are the closest things to real old school dungeon crawls made in the last few years.

QF-muthafuckin-T.
and the horse you rode in on

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

saskganesh

Quote from: Habbaku on May 15, 2009, 03:46:29 PM
Quote from: saskganesh on May 15, 2009, 03:45:22 PM

BG2 + expansion will give him 30-odd hours of play, certainly.

I still haven't finished since I got the disks from Grey Fox. I'm a chronic restarter.
humans were created in their own image

Razgovory

Arx Fatalis is pretty old school.  Good dungeon crawler.  Lot of fun.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017