And we're back!

Main Menu

NOAA to East: Beware of coming 'Frankenstorm

Started by garbon, October 25, 2012, 01:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on October 31, 2012, 02:51:26 PM
Quote from: Caliga on October 31, 2012, 12:57:25 PM
I'm trying to remember which of you people mocked Kentucky for being out of power for a week after that monster ice storm a few years back. :hmm:

Probably only because you were on this 'OMG Kentucky is the new Eden' trip shortly after you moved :P

Which really was just a big indictment on the Greater Boston area.

Actually I think it says more about Cal's tastes / perhaps where Cal lived previously as it wouldn't be a stretch to say that when Cal lived in my town - I lived in a nice neighborhood and he did not. ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Faeelin

No power in Lower Manhattan still. I'm ready for Halloween regardless:

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Faeelin

Quote from: garbon on October 31, 2012, 03:45:10 PM
I think I'll be getting smashed in HK.

I think I need to change my costume then.

garbon

To be honest, I'm not even sure what to think about that. :D

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

garbon

My hotel room has a private roof deck with chaise lounges. Definitely different from what I was in last night!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on October 31, 2012, 09:27:39 AM
On bus - lots of space where I got on. By 2nd stop packed in like sardines. At 3rd stop an older black man was trying to get off so we were pushing about when this middle aged black man forced himself on the bus and barreled into me. Everyone yelled at him to get out of the way but he didn't.  Then he started complaining that everyone was on the bus because it was free and we were like nope just the only way to get uptown from downtown without waiting hours for a cab.  Then he complained about my suitcase and messenger bag. He complained about my messenger bag hitting him again and I'd had it. Told him right off which of course then made me the angry person on the bus.  Such fun! :P

Moral of the story- black people are violent troublemakers?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Only one person in that story could at all be described as violent.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Ugh...
Quotealready we are seeing disproportionate attention given to lower manhattan over outer bk, queens and the bronx. do not be complicit in the media erasure of working class communities of immigrants/folks of color! new york is my beautiful cultural jungle home but it's not gonna stay that way if we don't stay informed and support each other.

Also welcome to everyday living in the city.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on October 31, 2012, 06:47:47 PM
Ugh...
Quotealready we are seeing disproportionate attention given to lower manhattan over outer bk, queens and the bronx. do not be complicit in the media erasure of working class communities of immigrants/folks of color! new york is my beautiful cultural jungle home but it's not gonna stay that way if we don't stay informed and support each other.

Also welcome to everyday living in the city.

And you disapprove of which viewpoint ? 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

That there's an issue with lower manhattan getting better treatment than the outer boroughs.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on October 31, 2012, 07:16:39 PM
That there's an issue with lower manhattan getting better treatment than the outer boroughs.

Ok, well it's not surprising.

For a moment I thought you were complaining about people making such assertion, be those true or false.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Hopefully the hipsters are being rounded up in Brooklyn.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive