And we're back!

Main Menu

Has Morrisey always been such a douche?

Started by Martinus, October 12, 2012, 01:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 16, 2012, 09:22:36 AM
Quote from: PDH on October 15, 2012, 12:20:48 PM
You underestimate the influence of the Georgia sound on early 1980s American Alternative, Spellus.

Ah yes, the Georgia Satellites.

I got a little change in my pocket going shut the fuck up.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Brazen

Quote from: frunk on October 15, 2012, 08:04:56 AM
The Smiths were much better at smoothing out otherwise awkward lyrics into the rhythm of the song. 
It's probably due to the way they wrote. Johnny Marr wrote the guitar part first without any thought to subsequent lyrics and Morrisey wrote emo poetry that, for the most part, fit. The lyrics to "How Soon Is Now?" entirely waste of one of the most original and sweepingly grandiose guitar pieces of the 80s IMHO.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: PDH on October 16, 2012, 09:39:25 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 16, 2012, 09:22:36 AM
Quote from: PDH on October 15, 2012, 12:20:48 PM
You underestimate the influence of the Georgia sound on early 1980s American Alternative, Spellus.

Ah yes, the Georgia Satellites.

I got a little change in my pocket going shut the fuck up.

:P  REMtard.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Brazen on October 16, 2012, 09:53:27 AM
Quote from: frunk on October 15, 2012, 08:04:56 AM
The Smiths were much better at smoothing out otherwise awkward lyrics into the rhythm of the song. 
It's probably due to the way they wrote. Johnny Marr wrote the guitar part first without any thought to subsequence lyrics and Morrisey wrote emo poetry that, for the most part, fit. The lyrics to "How Soon Is Now?" entirely waste of one of the most original and sweepingly grandiose guitar pieces of the 80s IMHO.

I concur wholeheartedly with the incredibly intelligent busty Brit babe on this one, and not just with "HSIN";  Morrisey's sophomoric whaa-nobody-likes-me emoism has ruined more than one Smiths' work.

Shame they never released true instrumental only recordings.

PDH

Oscillate Wildly was an instrumental, though until the collections it was a B-side.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM