News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Have you got your heating on yet?

Started by Brazen, October 08, 2012, 05:37:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have temperatures dipped enough round your way to crank up the heating or light a fire yet?

Yes, it's brass monkeys hereabouts.
2 (5.4%)
I've had it on a couple of times when it got a bit chilly.
14 (37.8%)
Not yet, give it a few weeks.
12 (32.4%)
I only need it for the very coldest days of the year.
6 (16.2%)
I live somewhere where it doesn't get cold/summer's just around the corner
3 (8.1%)
I just snuggle up to Jaron.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Brazen

I have a top floor flat that's warm and well-insulated so I can't see the boiler going on until the end of October at the earliest, despite having had a few frosty mornings.

katmai

Considering we had snow about 8 days ago, the answer is yes.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

No, though I did pull out the sweat pants for a couple hours this morning(back in shorts now).

Had AC on yesterday evening.  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I've set the thermostat to 20°C in the living room and it's switched the heating on now and then in the past weeks. But we only seem to dip under the 20°C daytime temperatures this week. And I turn on the heat in the bathroom on low level during the night.

Nothing worse in the morning than a cold bathroom.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

I make up for hanging meat with the AC in the summer by not running the heat in winter.  I like it chilly, and only use the gas fireplace to keep the front rooms warm, and I don't turn that on till after Halloween.

Richard Hakluyt

Switched it on for an hour or two about 3 times so far. We haven't had a cold day yet but there was some prolonged greary rain which seems better when you heat the place a little.

Josquius

God no.
I had my AC on a little a few days ago, right now I still have an electric fan on.
Have to sleep with one on even- not so much out of it being too hot but its still too sticky.

When winter does come it will suck though. Lack of central heating, single glazing and no insulation plus poisnous kereosene heating, woo... <_<
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

Yes. :glare:

Unseasonably cool here right now.  AC during the day, heat during the night.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

lustindarkness

The AC set at 68F did not kick in last night :(.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

PDH

Sunday morning it was 10 here (-12c).  Yes, I have had it on.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Duque de Bragança

Martinus

Yes. I live in a condo where the heating is switched on centrally (and you can then turned it down/off if you wish in your own flat) and it has been on for the last week or so. This has been a very cold late summer/early autumn so far.

Grey Fox

Couple of days so far. 2 weeks & it'll be on permanently.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HisMajestyBOB

No, and likely won't need it until Dec/Jan. Even then it's more convenience than necessity.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Iormlund

Building has central heating. However, I've got the valves closed because the temperature rise in the afternoon gives me headaches.

My computer generates more than enough heat as it is.