And we're back!

Main Menu

Housework: Men should not do it.

Started by MadImmortalMan, September 28, 2012, 12:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on September 28, 2012, 01:06:41 PM
You're agreeing with me here, Valmy. :mellow:

I simply think 'most' is not accurate at all.  A huge number of people are convinced their standards and methods should be adopted by their spouse or they are doing it wrong.  People who are reasonable to be satisfied just with basic cleanliness and just getting it done are refreshing to find in the world of housework.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Viking

I'm torn here between ascribing this (if this is in fact the case) to 50/50 households creating conflicting expectations for what their rational modern brain and their irrational "cave person" brain want out of the relationship. Cave man Ugg and Cave woman Urk did not want the same thing out of a partnership, they wanted different things.

Either that or the same reason two kids will never be happy even when mom lines the juice up to the nearest micrometer when giving both the same amount of juice.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on September 28, 2012, 01:18:09 PM
Quote from: merithyn on September 28, 2012, 01:06:41 PM
You're agreeing with me here, Valmy. :mellow:

I simply think 'most' is not accurate at all.  A huge number of people are convinced their standards and methods should be adopted by their spouse or they are doing it wrong.  People who are reasonable to be satisfied just with basic cleanliness and just getting it done are refreshing to find in the world of housework.

Still agreeing with me...

Slobs are slobs, not "people who are reasonable to be satisfied just with basic cleanliness and just getting it done". They're slobs who don't care if it's basically clean.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

mongers

Why am I not surprised; there is after all only one correct way to mop a floor. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on September 28, 2012, 01:30:20 PM

Slobs are slobs, not "people who are reasonable to be satisfied just with basic cleanliness and just getting it done". They're slobs who don't care if it's basically clean.

What you are saying is most people are reasonable and just want to get the house clean.  I disagree that most people are reasonable, particularly about something like close living conditions.  Since that is the opposite of what you were saying I am curious how this is agreeing with you.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on September 28, 2012, 01:35:40 PM
Quote from: merithyn on September 28, 2012, 01:30:20 PM

What you are saying is most people are reasonable and just want to get the house clean.  I disagree that most people are reasonable, particularly about something like close living conditions.  Since that is the opposite of what you were saying I am curious how this is agreeing with you.

Ah, I see. I was misunderstanding you. I do believe that most people are reasonable, but yeah, I can see why others wouldn't agree.

For the record, I tend to be fairly anal retentive when it comes to ME cleaning the house, but so long as shit gets done, I don't really care if no one else is as particular as I am.

EDIT: Max and my kids may disagree with the italicized bits.  :ph34r:

Eddie Teach

I'm a slob and coincidentally single.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 28, 2012, 12:05:19 PM
I wish my GF did household work from her own accord. :shurg:
Son, make that shit legal already.  Jesus. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Legbiter

I find this very plausible. Being her kitchen bitch risks killing the lust dead as disco.  :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Darth Wagtaros

I'd like PDH to chime in on this one.
PDH!

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on September 28, 2012, 02:15:23 PM

It's Quebec. They don't marry there.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grey Fox

Quote from: Malthus on September 28, 2012, 02:53:32 PM

It's Quebec. They don't marry there.

That's right. Last census showed that 31% of Quebecers are Couples living together as common law(or 31% of couples, not sure).

You got 5k$ for me to spend on that? Cause I sure as shit don't.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 28, 2012, 03:08:46 PM
It costs 5 grand to get married??

That's a cheap wedding. I expect to spend that on my daughter's dress alone when the time comes*.  <_<

*Max disagrees with this, so there may be a ... discussion.  :ph34r:

Viking

Quote from: Legbiter on September 28, 2012, 02:24:16 PM
I find this very plausible. Being her kitchen bitch risks killing the lust dead as disco.  :hmm:

I also suppose that being incompetent (in her eyes) at housework will only reduce her respect for you.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.