News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The China Thread

Started by Jacob, September 24, 2012, 05:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

This just shows how low this guy is willing to go.  I just don't understand how he can think it is a good representation of himself and Japan. 

Razgovory

What does 731 mean?  Is that a date?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Quote from: Razgovory on December 26, 2013, 07:53:40 PM
So has Tyr gone native or is this just his normal dopey self?
There are some people on this forum who have done much better at life than me and could have some basis on which to insult me like this.
You sir, are really not one of those people. You are a living warning of how badly shit can get if I don't push onwards.

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 30, 2013, 12:50:23 AM
There's no fucking way that the number on this jet is a coincidence. How can you defend this scumbag Tyr? I understand he's managed the economy better than any Japanese PM in 20 years, but he's revisionist of the worst sort.

[img]http://pds.joins.
:huh:
I haven't defended him.
And I'm not sure revisionist is the right word if you're accepting history as written but trying to wind people up about it. :contract:
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Gunna pull class on me?  No matter what you do, no matter what you achieve, you'll still be your dopey self.  Even a lunatic with no prospects on the the other side of the world can see that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on December 30, 2013, 01:40:26 AM
There are some people on this forum who have done much better at life than me and could have some basis on which to insult me like this.
You sir, are really not one of those people. You are a living warning of how badly shit can get if I don't push onwards.

Sadly, the ability to judge and insult people on the internet isn't a skill that's easy to translate into "success". As such, I don't get why you think successful people would be better at it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 30, 2013, 01:59:16 AM

Sadly, the ability to judge and insult people on the internet isn't a skill that's easy to translate into "success". As such, I don't get why you think successful people would be better at it.
Somebody who is a certifiable failure and idiot decides to call other people dumb- that's a monkey throwing shit. It's stupid and meaningless.
Somebody who has done something with their life and has something going on in their noggin calls someone else an idiot- they are in a bit more of a position to judge.
They could just be an arse hole of course (the usual case) but as an insult it means a bit more to have an accountant attack your money-sense than to have a random homeless guy yelling about how much you stink.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Raz is certainly not an idiot, whatever his other faults.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

I have a hard time believing he did that on purpose.  It's too beyond the pale.

Monoriu

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 30, 2013, 03:24:33 AM
I have a hard time believing he did that on purpose.  It's too beyond the pale.

I also have a hard time believing that it is purely by chance. 

Syt

Hypothesis: when the photo op was planned a military guy thought it was funny/a big giant middle finger (or Japanese equivalent) to use plane 731. PM sits down in it without noticing or giving it much thought.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Berkut

Never ascribe to conspiracy or malice what can be explained simply by stupidity.

What possible motive could anyone have for intentionally using that number? What would that even mean for the biggest Japanese political asshole you could imagine?

The worst possible claim that could be made for any politician in regards to Unit 731 is the claim that it simply did not exist, or that it didn't do the things claimed. How is sitting in a plane intentionally numbered after that Unit somehow relevant to that?

This doesn't even fucking make any sense as a potential scandal.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned