News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Israel-Hamas War 2023

Started by Zanza, October 07, 2023, 04:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OttoVonBismarck

Yeah, the fact this was being reported 9 hours ago is incredibly suspicious:

QuoteIranian officials have spoken to two people on the same helicopter as President Ebrahim Raisi since it crashed Sunday, Iranian Vice President for Executive Affairs Mohsen Mansouri told the country's semi-official FARS news agency.

Because officials made contact "several times" with a passenger and member of the flight crew shortly after the crash, "It appears that the incident was not severe," Mansouri said.

That being said, I don't know what the motivation is for anyone within Iran to off Raisi. My understanding is unlike some former Presidents who did not have the best relationship with the Ayatollah, Raisi was his handpicked "man", he'd have had no reason to off him.

Jacob

To indulge in speculation... if the crash is the result of internal hostile action perhaps it could be the act of an internal faction that is in favour of Raisi's close relationship with the Ayatollah. I suppose that could either be someone who sees themselves in opposition to the Ayatollah, or someone who saw themselves as a rival to Raisi for the Ayatollah's favour.