TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Shardlake - enjoying it.

And RIP CJ Sansom :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: viper37 on May 05, 2024, 06:35:25 PMFast X.

I'm trying hard.  I think I've been trying for over a month now, maybe two.  Little by little every now and then I watch a few minutes before I get bored.

If it wasn't for Jason Momoa it would be very dull.  There's a lot of action scenes and car chases as usual, but nothing that ties it together.  It's as if the writers of this movie and the writers of Jurassic World III attended school together.  Or had a drug-induced revelation on how to make a "good" movie. 

I suspect there was a lot of smoke in the writers room.

Even though it was shot on location in North Portugal (not far from my region), part of it at least, I could not bring myself to watch it.

Incidentally, one of the best cinema venues is going for a road movie cycle and will screen the first Fast and Furious. A classic these days?  :lol:

viper37

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 07, 2024, 12:47:17 PMA classic these days?
Absolutely.

Point Break with cars and DVD players instead of parachutes and bank robberies!

It's absolutely fun and Paul Walker was a decent actor.

If only they had not placed Patrick Swayze against impossible odds at the end of Point Break, we might have seen him team up with Keanu Reeves for an international criminal chase involving tanks and nuclear submarines, and who knows?  Maybe even jump in parachute from a space shuttle to the Moon? :sleep:

QuoteEven though it was shot on location in North Portugal (not far from my region),

That explains why I could not recognize anything in Rome!  :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

28 Years Later is filming locally.
I keep reading of weird casting calls.
At the moment they want babies.
As young as possible.
This could be a extra squicky film.
██████
██████
██████