News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

So, what do you get out of threads by mongers?

Started by garbon, September 21, 2012, 05:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Recently I've tentatively started reading threads started by mongers again, something I haven't done for years. And it prompted me to ask the question why am I doing this and what do I get out of it.

So, what do you get out of his threads?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Well... the usual idiots will post their usual crap, so on that score I get more of languish; whether that's good or bad, I'll leave up to the reader.

Sometimes it's a decent question, and there'll be some interesting replies, in which case I get a somewhat stimulating small talk thread to read, which I count as positive.

Sometimes the questions are understood as being naff (usually misunderstood, IMO, though I'm not sure if it's deliberate or not), in which we get the usual cavalcade of attempted humour and put downs. That's usually mildly entertaining.

In general, I approve of mongers' threads because they start off conversational and laid back and they usually are a step away from the languish style threads (not that there's anything particularly wrong with them, but a change of pace is nice).

Over all I rate mongers' threads as a positive contribution to the forum. I'd put them in the top 25% of threads.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

I just wonder why he puts a space between the end of the sentence and the question mark.

WHY ?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 21, 2012, 05:51:20 PM
I just wonder why he puts a space between the end of the sentence and the question mark.

WHY ?

Why not   ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Ed Anger

THIS IS MADNESS                       .

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.