News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

My first run - a fundraiser

Started by merithyn, September 18, 2012, 09:18:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

I will be participating in my first official run in November. It's the Hot Chocolate 15k/5k Race in Chicago. (I'll be doing the 5k.) The run is a fund raiser for the Ronald McDonald House in the Chicago/Indianapolis areas, so I've set up a page to try to raise another $250 beyond my registration fees.

Since I've spent a number of weeks in the hospital with my children over the years, I've seen first-hand how amazing the Ronald McDonald Houses are to families in need. It is truly a worthy cause, imo. So, if you're interested in supporting them, please go to my fundraising page at: 2012 Hot Chocolate 15K/5K - Chicago.

Thanks!
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

CountDeMoney

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 18, 2012, 09:22:48 AM
Be sure to wear a sports bra.

I have to buy new ones now that I've lost weight. My old ones don't... um... support me so well anymore. :blush:

Richard Hakluyt

Caliga is very sad about the implications of that last post  :(

Good luck with the run.

merithyn

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 18, 2012, 09:41:15 AM

Good luck with the run.

Same cup size. Just lost some inches around my back. ;)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 18, 2012, 09:41:15 AM

Yes, every time a woman drops her size, it's as if millions of voices of guys that weren't nursed enough and developed unhealthy fetishes suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

merithyn

Okay, so I'll make a promise to you guys: If I get $200 in pledges from Languish, I'll take another pic of The Girls and post them here. No nipples, but plenty of cleavage in a lacy bra.

Razgovory

I think we could get a much better deal for 200 bucks.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

merithyn

Quote from: Razgovory on September 18, 2012, 03:12:19 PM
I think we could get a much better deal for 200 bucks.

You'd have to go outside for that, so you may not be able to. :)

Razgovory

To get a picture of boobs.  I don't think so.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

lustindarkness

I like running, I like hot chocolate, I like boobs, and I could support Ronald McDonald House. I will talk to the boss about this.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

merithyn

merithyn

Quote from: lustindarkness on September 18, 2012, 03:24:14 PM
I like running, I like hot chocolate, I like boobs, and I could support Ronald McDonald House. I will talk to the boss about this.

:w00t: :wub: :hug:

merithyn

Just a reminder. The race is this coming Sunday, and I'm only $80 from my goal.

CountDeMoney

Sorry, Meri, but I've got my own fundraising activities going on.

Anybody want to contribute to my unemployment fund, I will happily PM my Pay Pal info.

TEH KAT NEEDS FUD TOO