And we're back!

Main Menu

Quebec Election Thread

Started by Malthus, August 29, 2012, 09:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Joe Pistone was scheduled to appear to day in front of the Inquiry board on construction.

I was surprised to hear his name in the media, hear when and where he was scheduled to appear.  I mean, not the brightest move to insure the security of a dude wanted by the mafia, when the links between Montreal and New York are so close.

Turns out it was a 'leak', not an official statement.  The judge presiding the Inquiry board made it clear she was not pleased and such announcement jeopardized future testimony and the security of witnesses.

It now appears as though he won't make an appearance, or maybe just delay it.  Personally, I don't understand why they haven't simply done a closed interview with the man, in a seperate room in front of the commissionners only.  Otherwise, you might as well paint a sign on the guy "I'm wanted, shoot me to get rich".
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

He's 73 year old, do we really want to talk to a senile old man?

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 17, 2012, 10:37:59 AM
He's 73 year old, do we really want to talk to a senile old man?
He's not senile.  73 isn't that old by today's standard when you have access to decent healthcare.

I question the relevance of his testimony.  He knows the mafia from the 70s-80s.  The procedures are the same, but the names have changed.
I suppose it is informative for the board and the commissionners, not that much for those who read his books or saw the movie & the tv show.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

I think the commission is trying to get back memories of SECO.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 17, 2012, 10:46:49 AM
It looks that way.  So long as the PQ and their FTQ ally are blamed, I'll be happy ;)

Grey Fox

Quote from: viper37 on September 17, 2012, 04:01:53 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on September 17, 2012, 10:46:49 AM
It looks that way.  So long as the PQ and their FTQ ally are blamed, I'll be happy ;)

What about the Libs & their FTQ ally?

viper37

Strike the center and the wings will collapse.  Once the FTQ is gone, so will the mafia and the PLQ.