And we're back!

Main Menu

Reuters: US ambassador to Libya dead

Started by Martinus, September 12, 2012, 04:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Kleves on October 24, 2012, 04:37:20 PM
Quote from: derspiess on October 24, 2012, 02:07:11 PM
No.  That they blamed the video for weeks after the attack when it was obvious to the rest of us it was a planned attack.
So what's the theory? Obama lied about this because a terrorist attack on his watch would make him look bad, but somehow his massive conspiracy unraveled (thank you conservative bloggers!)?
Yeah I really don't understand what the criticism is here.  I don't get the theory or whatever, but I don't even understand what the points of criticism are :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 25, 2012, 08:31:24 PM
Quote from: Kleves on October 24, 2012, 04:37:20 PM
Quote from: derspiess on October 24, 2012, 02:07:11 PM
No.  That they blamed the video for weeks after the attack when it was obvious to the rest of us it was a planned attack.
So what's the theory? Obama lied about this because a terrorist attack on his watch would make him look bad, but somehow his massive conspiracy unraveled (thank you conservative bloggers!)?
Yeah I really don't understand what the criticism is here.  I don't get the theory or whatever, but I don't even understand what the points of criticism are :mellow:

D and I already said it. Slipping it into another piece of the narrative of his inept foreign policy (reaching back to our reset in Russia). After all while we were focused on it being the video, we all (myself included so I can't judge -_-) were getting the terrorism is awful but maybe which should antagonize Muslims for the sake of antagonizing them spiel.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

But again what's he done wrong? As I say I can't understand what's actually prompting the criticism.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 25, 2012, 08:40:46 PM
But again what's he done wrong? As I say I can't understand what's actually prompting the criticism.

He's apologizing for America all over the place.

The Minsky Moment

He didn't say the magic words ("terror") fast enough.

I mean, except for the fact that he did.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

mongers

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 26, 2012, 09:17:58 AM

He didn't say the magic words ("terror") fast enough.

I mean, except for the fact that he did.

Foreign policy is the same as a game of snap; things happen and you have to slam down a card or shout out snap ASAP, that's how you win in diplomacy and foreign affairs.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Phillip V

State Dept. Faulted in Libya Attack; 3 Officials Resign

'Three State Department officials resigned under pressure Wednesday, less than a day after a damning report blamed management failures for a lack of security at the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, where militants killed the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans on Sept. 11.'

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2012/12/19/us/politics/ap-us-us-libya-attacks.html
QuoteThe report said poor leadership in both bureaus left the post underprotected.

"Systemic failures and leadership and management deficiencies at senior levels within two bureaus" resulted in a security level that was "inadequate for Benghazi and grossly inadequate to deal with the attack that took place," according to the report released late Tuesday by the independent Accountability Review Board.
The House committee chairman, Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Mich., said he was dissatisfied with the lack of progress in finding the attackers.

Charlene Lamb, the deputy assistant secretary responsible for embassy security, rejected requests for more security in Benghazi, instead training "local Libyans and army men" to provide security, a policy in force at U.S. diplomatic facilities around the world.
The board confirmed that contrary to initial accounts, there was no protest outside the facility.

In the immediate aftermath of the attack, administration officials linked the attack to the spreading protests that had begun in Cairo earlier that day over an American-made, anti-Islamic film. Those comments came after evidence already pointed to a distinct militant attack.

U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice appeared on numerous TV talk shows the Sunday after the attack and used the administration talking points linking it to the film.
Sen. Jim Inhofe, R-Okla., emerging from the Senate briefing on the report, kept up the congressional criticism of Rice.

"Now we all know she had knowledge. She knew what the truth was. It was a cover-up," he said.

CountDeMoney

QuoteSen. Jim Inhofe, R-Okla., emerging from the Senate briefing on the report, kept up the congressional criticism of Rice.

"Now we all know she had knowledge. She knew what the truth was. It was a cover-up," he said.

:lol: No it wasn't, Jim.  Still hating on black women.  How derspiessish.