Copper
Suits
White Collar
Grimm
Falling Skies

Looking forward to:
Revolution
Walking Dead
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Yeah, I have to catch up with Copper.  It sits in my TiVo.

Political Animals was cool for a limited series. Sigourney Weaver was excellent.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 07, 2012, 09:47:23 PM
Yeah, I have to catch up with Copper.  It sits in my TiVo.

Political Animals was cool for a limited series. Sigourney Weaver was excellent.

She was , is, and will always be a hottie. I still remember the panty shot from Aliens. That looked like a nice box.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

viper37

Quote from: merithyn on September 07, 2012, 02:05:05 PM
Revolution

Really looking forward to this one. I even put it on my Google Calendar so I wouldn't forget and miss it. :blush:
Yeah, I'm looking forward to this one too :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Larch

Quote from: viper37 on September 08, 2012, 01:24:50 PM
Revolution

Really looking forward to this one. I even put it on my Google Calendar so I wouldn't forget and miss it. :blush:

Is that the one where the whole world turns stupid and forgets how to make anything work without electricity and go back to the middle ages?

Grey Fox

Quote from: The Larch on September 08, 2012, 02:04:42 PM
Revolution

Is that the one where the whole world turns stupid and forgets how to make anything work without electricity and go back to the middle ages?

Yep.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

Sounds like the plot of a children's book I read many years ago. Kobberpesten.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

katmai

Watched the pilot for it last night. Meh.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tonitrus

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 08, 2012, 02:15:52 PM
Revolution

Yep.

And that idea has way too many logical holes.  Too many principles of electricity should still work, even without microcircuitry or "electronics".  Does this mean static electricity no longer exists?  Lightning no longer strikes?

And not quite middle ages...the pilot had guys with some leftover modern firearms still working, and makeshift rifles of seemingly early American Civil War level of sophistication.  I am guessing they think fabricating modern ammunition would require advanced electronic machine tools.

And the general plot?  As I said already, it's a reboot of The Postman.

viper37

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 08, 2012, 05:22:58 PM
And that idea has way too many logical holes.  Too many principles of electricity should still work, even without microcircuitry or "electronics".  Does this mean static electricity no longer exists?  Lightning no longer strikes?

And not quite middle ages...the pilot had guys with some leftover modern firearms still working, and makeshift rifles of seemingly early American Civil War level of sophistication.  I am guessing they think fabricating modern ammunition would require advanced electronic machine tools.

And the general plot?  As I said already, it's a reboot of The Postman.
I do not know if they have leftover modern firearms or if they can build new ones.  I'll wait 'til I see the show.
I do not know what causes the "no electricity", what's also affected.

Static and lighting electricity is one thing, but you need to harvest it.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 08, 2012, 05:22:58 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on September 08, 2012, 02:15:52 PM
Revolution

Yep.

Did you go to lineman school?  Know the difference between a transmission line substation and a distribution line substation? Know what to do at the top of that bucket truck with the pole can?  Know what fluids to use to keep a 500kV transformer up?

Ed Anger

The commercials lead me to believe the show is about 'Feminist empowerment'. Or Meri's dream of cutting off men's penises.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 08, 2012, 07:27:08 PM
The commercials lead me to believe the show is about 'Feminist empowerment'. Or Meri's dream of cutting off men's penises.

No, that's just you seeing things with a chick and a crossbow.  Don't know where you get that shit, other than you're Sandra Fluked the fuck out this week.

Ed Anger

No, I don't think I imagined that commercial. Then again, feminists have rubbed me the wrong way this year. Including your girl Whore pills.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive