News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Question About 4-Way Stop Courtesy

Started by Admiral Yi, September 06, 2012, 05:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

WTF?  They're all going the wrong way.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 06, 2012, 07:16:30 PM
Those people are so weird over there.

Your car gets beat to hell. My friend Aimee's Citeron was dinged up pretty badly from those frog ones. Scratches that no amount of polish is gonna help.

But she is a girl, so it is to be expected.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 06, 2012, 05:33:23 PM
Say you pull up to the stop 3rd.  The person directly opposite you is first.  The person driving perpendicular to you is 2nd. 

Do you cross at the same time the guy opposite from you goes, figuring it's no additonal time lost for Mr. Two, or do you wait your turn?

Goddamn asian drivers.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

DGuller

If you blur your vision enough, it looks like a twisted wheel rim.

mongers

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 06, 2012, 07:15:29 PM
Hey kids! Big Ben! Parliament!

iirc the roundabout in it is outside Lambeth Palace on the Southbank and ironically it's a pretty quite road intersection, from the times I've been over it (one of my shortcuts to the Imperial War Museum) .
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

PDH

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 06, 2012, 07:19:52 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 06, 2012, 07:16:30 PM
Those people are so weird over there.

But she is a girl, so it is to be expected.

Q - Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?

A - She was a woman.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: lustindarkness on September 06, 2012, 07:23:37 PM
Magic roundabout?!  :lol:

iirc that was the name the locals gave it, when it became a national joke/point of interest, the bureaucrats eventually relented and that's it's official name.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

FunkMonk

Quote from: mongers on September 06, 2012, 07:29:44 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on September 06, 2012, 07:23:37 PM
Magic roundabout?!  :lol:

iirc that was the name the locals gave it, when it became a national joke/point of interest, the bureaucrats eventually relented and that's it's official name.

You English are amazing  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 06, 2012, 05:33:23 PM
Say you pull up to the stop 3rd.  The person directly opposite you is first.  The person driving perpendicular to you is 2nd. 

Do you cross at the same time the guy opposite from you goes, figuring it's no additonal time lost for Mr. Two, or do you wait your turn?
If you pulled 3rd, that means the 1st car already has had the time to start crossing.  So, no, I would wait my turn if I want to go straight.  If I turn right though, I go right away.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Maximus

Some places outside of Quebec people actually stop at stop signs.

PRC

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 06, 2012, 06:49:30 PM
BTW, I've started the habit of pointing at the driver I think has the next go.  Anything to avoid that jerk,stop,smile,jerk,wave,jerk,stop,wave.

What if you both point at each other at the same time?