News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Explosion 1812 - download link

Started by viper37, September 04, 2012, 01:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

As it was discussed in another thread, here is the propaganda piece.
http://www.1channel.ch/watch-2733898-Explosion-1812

Watch and discuss.  I disagree with the premise of the documentary that the explosion at Fort York is such an event and it made the American behave in a crual manner, much more than British soldiers usually were.  I also think it was pointless to spend 1hr demonstrating how an explosion will blow on the path of least resistance.

Besides, they make it sound as if the American goal of spreading republican ideas was the worst part of the war.

Anyway, watch.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Brain

Ed comment on "explosion 2012" in 3... 2... 1...
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

Quote from: viper37 on September 04, 2012, 01:31:52 PM
As it was discussed in another thread, here is the propaganda piece.
http://www.1channel.ch/watch-2733898-Explosion-1812

Watch and discuss.  I disagree with the premise of the documentary that the explosion at Fort York is such an event and it made the American behave in a crual manner, much more than British soldiers usually were.  I also think it was pointless to spend 1hr demonstrating how an explosion will blow on the path of least resistance.

Besides, they make it sound as if the American goal of spreading republican ideas was the worst part of the war.

Anyway, watch.

None of the links actually work.  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

viper37

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

Quote from: garbon on September 05, 2012, 01:23:46 PM
Quote from: mongers on September 04, 2012, 04:26:44 PM
Exec.Sum. ?

Quebec forgets that we're not in the 19th century?
It's a Canadian documentary made in Ontario, with American historians.  I fail to see the connection to Quebec here.

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on September 06, 2012, 01:08:56 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 05, 2012, 01:23:46 PM
Quote from: mongers on September 04, 2012, 04:26:44 PM
Exec.Sum. ?

Quebec forgets that we're not in the 19th century?
It's a Canadian documentary made in Ontario, with American historians.  I fail to see the connection to Quebec here.

You're the one whining about propaganda. ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on September 06, 2012, 10:35:14 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 06, 2012, 07:55:22 PM
You're the one whining about propaganda. ;)
it's a misuse of public funds.

Somehow I feel that of all the misuses of public funds - this is really insignificant, even if one considers it a misuse.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

viper37

Bill 101 is a provincial matter, it does not affect canadian tax payers.

Malthus

I can think of worse misuses of public funds that creating historical documentaries. Look at the hours of entertainment you have gotten out of it - evidently, you want everyone else to see it too!  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

viper37

Quote from: Malthus on September 07, 2012, 09:15:58 AM
I can think of worse misuses of public funds that creating historical documentaries. Look at the hours of entertainment you have gotten out of it - evidently, you want everyone else to see it too!  :lol:
we paid for it.  No matter if one person or 20 or 20 000 sees it, the costs are already sunk.  Better make it worth my money.  All 28 million$ of it.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2012/06/14/pol-war-of-1812-bicentennial-federal-events.html

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on September 07, 2012, 09:15:58 AM
I can think of worse misuses of public funds that creating historical documentaries.

Exactly.