The DNC KenyanCommieMooselimbDidn'tBuildIt MegaThread!

Started by CountDeMoney, September 03, 2012, 10:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 12, 2012, 04:59:52 PM
This is why you don't let interns do google searches for multimedia presentations.  Sheesh.

On the other hand, if it had been at the RNC, something would've been spelled wrong.

You say potato they say potatoe.

DGuller

The ship thing is an easy mistake to make.  How many of you would actually be able to spot that mistake on your own?  It's not like with tanks, where most lay people would know that a T-72 tank is not Abrams, even if they wouldn't understand why T-72 is superior.

mongers

Quote from: DGuller on September 12, 2012, 05:38:09 PM
The ship thing is an easy mistake to make.  How many of you would actually be able to spot that mistake on your own?  It's not like with tanks, where most lay people would know that a T-72 tank is not Abrams, even if they wouldn't understand why T-72 is superior.

On this forum, I'd wager the majority of us. 

Oh and good going trying to channel the SirHockney meme, but I think someone did it better a couple of weeks back.   :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Viking

I'm a bit curious, how, in any metric is the T-72 superior to any version of the Abrams?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Jacob

Quote from: Viking on September 12, 2012, 06:16:52 PM

I'm a bit curious, how, in any metric is the T-72 superior to any version of the Abrams?

:lol:

citizen k

Price?

mongers

See my above post.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

It's not like with tanks, where most lay people would know that a T-72 tank is not Abrams, even if they wouldn't understand why T-72 is superior.

:lol:  EUOT 2003 SHOUTOUT

Razgovory

Old joke.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: garbon on September 09, 2012, 08:33:12 PM
Much in the same way that if I buy liquor at 6th and 8th, I'll pay a significant premium over a purchase of the same liquor at 6th and 23rd (and more dramatically over said purchase in BedStuy) in one part because people in the village can afford to pay more.

:secret:  (You say the street first, avenue second.)
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

MadImmortalMan

Oh, dropping the NYC etiquette!  :P

I didn't know that either.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

mongers

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 12, 2012, 11:10:57 PM
Oh, dropping the NYC etiquette!  :P

I didn't know that either.

Yeah never thought about that before, but I guess it makes perfect sense, the most descriptive element comes first.

garbon

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on September 12, 2012, 11:08:04 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 09, 2012, 08:33:12 PM
Much in the same way that if I buy liquor at 6th and 8th, I'll pay a significant premium over a purchase of the same liquor at 6th and 23rd (and more dramatically over said purchase in BedStuy) in one part because people in the village can afford to pay more.

:secret:  (You say the street first, avenue second.)

Pretty sure I say whatever I please. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

And in fact, google confirms that such rules have taken a tumble with the Wall Street Journal, New York Post and NYPD doing whatever they damn well please. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.