Seattle artist inspires füror

Started by jimmy olsen, March 07, 2013, 07:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Martinus on March 10, 2013, 01:37:05 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on March 07, 2013, 09:18:19 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 07, 2013, 09:17:25 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 07, 2013, 07:51:14 PM
Art is either brilliant or it's not, the artist's motives matter not.

:mellow:

Tim's feeling profound.

I don't think there is anything profound about such a reductionist statement.

It is irrelevant whether you think it's profound.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

syk

I like how the word pothead springs to mind and that the lid looks like a kippah.

Eddie Teach

Tim's feeling profound.

BUT IT RHYMES
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

White nationalism is stupid.  The idea that whiteness makes you better is ridiculous.  Poles have pale skin, after all.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

fhdz

Quote from: Neil on March 10, 2013, 10:27:44 AM
White nationalism is stupid.  The idea that whiteness makes you better is ridiculous.  Poles have pale skin, after all.

Louis CK:

QuoteI'm not saying that white people are better. I'm saying that being white is clearly better, who could even argue? If it was an option, I would re-up ever year. 'Oh yeah I'll take white again absolutely, I've been enjoying that, I'll stick with white thank you.' Here's how great it is to be white, I could get in a time machine and go to any time, and it would be fucking awesome when I get there! That is exclusively a white privilege. Black people can't fuck with time machines. A black guy in a time machine is like 'Hey, anything before 1980, no thank you, I don't want to go.' But I can go to any time ... in the past, I don't want to go to the future and find out what happens to white people, because we're going to pay hard for this shit, you gotta know that ... we're not just gonna fall from number 1 to 2. They're going to hold us down and fuck us in the ass forever, and we totally deserve it, but for now: Wheeeee! If you're white and you don't admit that it's great, you're an asshole! It is great and I'm a man. How many advantages can one person have? I'm a white man, you can't even hurt my feelings! What can you really call a white man that really digs deep? 'Hey cracker!' ... 'Oh, ruined my day. Boy, shouldn't have called me a cracker, bringing me back to owning land and people. What a drag.'
and the horse you rode in on

garbon

Quote from: 11B4V on March 10, 2013, 01:52:02 AM

Tim's feeling profound.

It is irrelevant whether you think it's profound.

Irrelevancy seems like an odd reason to take issue with a post on Languish. ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

fhdz

Quote from: garbon on March 12, 2013, 09:36:38 AM
Irrelevancy seems like an odd reason to take issue with a post on Languish. ;)

:D
and the horse you rode in on

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".