News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Quebec Election Thread

Started by Malthus, August 29, 2012, 09:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

That is one ugly eagle.

I assume a new one will have Abby Wambach's boot squishing a beaver.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on August 30, 2012, 04:39:59 PM
I'll hold out for a Battle of New Orleans coin myself :P

... but you'll have to settle for a "burning of Washington" one.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

I like the 1kg King George one. That will make for fine trade goods when the SHTF.

Its also overpriced by around 15000 CAN Dollars.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on August 30, 2012, 04:39:59 PM
I'll hold out for a Battle of New Orleans coin myself :P

We lost and the British made us take Louisiana :weep:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

You guys should watch "Explosion 1812". This is very nice piece of propaganda.  The intro gives it all: 1812, the explosion that changed the world.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on September 01, 2012, 11:41:31 AM
You guys should watch "Explosion 1812". This is very nice piece of propaganda.  The intro gives it all: 1812, the explosion that changed the world.

Well it did kinda.  At least NOrth America.  But I will check it out.

I guess I find the whole idea of insidious War of 1812 propaganda so ridiculous to be sorta humorous but who knows.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on September 02, 2012, 12:14:40 AM

I guess I find the whole idea of insidious War of 1812 propaganda so ridiculous to be sorta humorous but who knows.
Did it really?  A US conquest of Canada would have disasterous effects on the people living there, but I always felt that the conquest of the central part of North America was pretty much inevitable.  Who was going to stand up to a power as strong and aggressive as the US?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on September 03, 2012, 07:17:54 PM
Did it really?  A US conquest of Canada would have disasterous effects on the people living there, but I always felt that the conquest of the central part of North America was pretty much inevitable.  Who was going to stand up to a power as strong and aggressive as the US?

It may or may not have been inevitable but the War of 1812 is when it happened.  Alot of Indian Nations went down in that war and it ended forever the dream of booting the Brits out of Canada.

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on September 03, 2012, 10:58:34 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 03, 2012, 07:17:54 PM
It may or may not have been inevitable but the War of 1812 is when it happened.  Alot of Indian Nations went down in that war and it ended forever the dream of booting the Brits out of Canada.
How could it be anything but inevitable?  The US had a huge, growing population whose ideology required free land, which could legitimately be taken from inferior races?

Man, talking about the old US sure makes it sound bad. :lol:
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grallon

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 03, 2012, 07:03:39 PM
Tomorrow, we vote.

Yes let`s remember that, rather than derailing this thread with pointless debates about forgotten wars.

As things stands the PQ will win and quite possibly with a majority.

All hail the 1st female Prime Minister in our history!

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Ed Anger

QuoteAll hail the 1st female Prime Minister in our history!

My condolences.

Valmy

Quote from: Grallon on September 04, 2012, 08:09:48 AM
Yes let`s remember that, rather than derailing this thread with pointless debates about forgotten wars.

As things stands the PQ will win and quite possibly with a majority.

But..but...this is Languish forgotten wars is mostly what we talk about :(

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on September 02, 2012, 12:14:40 AM

The war changed North America, no doubt.  A single accidental explosion in York did not change the face of the world.  And I disagree with their assessment that America served a sucker punch to Great Britain while they were fighting for their survival against the relentless assaults of Napoleon.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Grallon on September 04, 2012, 08:09:48 AM
G.
What's your opinion on Margaret Thatcher?