Clockwork Empires, from the makers of Dungeons of Dredmor

Started by Syt, August 28, 2012, 04:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_Ivan80

the df-interface just sucks. and there's no excuse for bad design.
beyond that the gameplay of Df is very nice. Probably unique too

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on August 29, 2012, 01:44:40 AM
You play Ars Magica? It's my favourite rpg of all times.

The character development and the magic system is unmatched.

Alas, when I was severed, it wasn't just from my job but from my RPG group at work.  Haven't been in the mood to talk to them for a while.

Darth Wagtaros

ARs Magica was a fun game.  Eliminated the hackery of the last few D&D versions and yet lacked the intense chart scanning of Rollmaster.
PDH!

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Tamas on August 29, 2012, 01:38:29 AM
Quote from: Maximus on August 28, 2012, 07:11:51 PM
Or an imagination

The complaint is not about graphics, or gameplay. Should I be imagining an interface from the early 1990s or something? :P

You guys remind me of this Unix teacher guy: "the built in word processor in AIX is the best word processor ever, once you learn the keyboard commands"
Yes.  This. 
PDH!

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 28, 2012, 07:39:47 PM
I've still got the old Mercenary book.  :lol:

Looks like I'll have to get off my ass and go to the local comic book/game store. Damn nerds.

Traveller is the one game I've hung on to for all these years. :wub:

I have all the original books and alien books, and a fairly complete collection of MegaTraveller and Traveller:TNE...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

I'd still have all my shit if I didn't have the hard times in the 90's.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Crazy_Ivan80

nice.
have been following their blogs since development was announced. Might very well be a keeper.

Scipio

Quote from: Martinus on August 29, 2012, 01:44:40 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 28, 2012, 07:58:59 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 28, 2012, 07:44:21 PM
I just re-discovered Steve Jackson games pdf store. OH MY GOD.

My credit card: burning

Yeah, I get all the Ars Magica books there;  they deliver fast.  And you'll always get some bonus Munchkins stuff as well.  :P

You play Ars Magica? It's my favourite rpg of all times.
3rd Edition may be the greatest thing ever.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 28, 2012, 06:30:44 AM
Space: 1889 did it better.

BTW, Chadwick is bringing back Space: 1889.  Not the PC game, but the miniatures rules and stuff.  He still hasn't worked out how to get reasonably-priced Tripods and airboats and the like, as of when I talked to him last.  Figures and equipment, though he will have.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!