News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Building New PC

Started by sbr, August 23, 2012, 06:08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Caliga on March 19, 2021, 08:33:36 PM
I have a 128 GB SSD and I downloaded Windows directly from Microsoft.  They have something called Windows Media Creation Tool on their website, and you just tell it what edition of Windows 10 you want and that you want to install it from USB, and it gives you a downloader that literally does all the work for you.

Excellent, thanks Cal I'll go sort it them out. Though at the moment our Broadband is all but dead and buried until an telco engineer comes on Sunday or Monday, currently I'm experiencing a whole 30KB per second!
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Caliga

I just moved my Windows license from my old PC to my new one.  Easy as hell, just logged into the Microsoft Store and selected my old PC and told Windows I "had a hardware change".  Didn't even need to give it the key.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

viper37

Quote from: mongers on March 19, 2021, 10:12:00 PM
I have a 128 GB SSD and I downloaded Windows directly from Microsoft.  They have something called Windows Media Creation Tool on their website, and you just tell it what edition of Windows 10 you want and that you want to install it from USB, and it gives you a downloader that literally does all the work for you.

Excellent, thanks Cal I'll go sort it them out. Though at the moment our Broadband is all but dead and buried until an telco engineer comes on Sunday or Monday, currently I'm experiencing a whole 30KB per second!

This is the link for Canada:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

Don't worry it's the same Windows and you can change regional settings after that to recognize the Queen's english.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

mongers

Quote from: viper37 on March 23, 2021, 12:10:08 AM
Quote from: mongers on March 19, 2021, 10:12:00 PM

This is the link for Canada:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10

Don't worry it's the same Windows and you can change regional settings after that to recognize the Queen's english.

Thanks Viper, I'll try it when the broadband is repaired, still waiting for the engineer to turn up, currently I'm restricted to about 0.2mbps !

viper37

:wacko: That's a fate worst than death!
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

mongers

Quote from: viper37 on March 24, 2021, 02:36:32 PM
:wacko: That's a fate worst than death!

And yet Netflix still works on a 12" screen, only occasionally going blocky.  :hmm:

Just for the hell of it, to test the fault, I downloaded a 4.4GB steam game, probably took about 45 hours :ccr: