Credibility Ratings of News Organizations, Timmay Continue to Decline

Started by Syt, August 21, 2012, 09:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Maybe the Wall Street Journal numbers are less a reflection of the publication and more a function of the name. I doubt very many people are familiar with the content of the paper.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Neil

Quote from: Fate on August 21, 2012, 06:09:02 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on August 21, 2012, 05:49:16 PM
I think the GOP's been going through a populist, anti-elitist phase too. And the WSJ's unabashedly elitist. They're old school cocktail party and black tie conservatives.
I don't know if that's really the major audience that reads the WSJ. It's mostly middle class and upper middle class white males. They may attend their boss' cocktail party once a year, but they're hardly part of the elite.
But they wish they were.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on August 21, 2012, 06:38:39 PM
Quote from: Fate on August 21, 2012, 06:09:02 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on August 21, 2012, 05:49:16 PM
I think the GOP's been going through a populist, anti-elitist phase too. And the WSJ's unabashedly elitist. They're old school cocktail party and black tie conservatives.
I don't know if that's really the major audience that reads the WSJ. It's mostly middle class and upper middle class white males. They may attend their boss' cocktail party once a year, but they're hardly part of the elite.
But they wish they were.

And they think that if government just got out of people's lives, they'd make it.  Cause they are smart enough unlike the other people in the office.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

My credibility can't sink lower!  :mad:

[spoiler]It's already zero[/spoiler]

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point