And we're back!

Main Menu

GameStop, Without the Games

Started by garbon, August 14, 2012, 04:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on August 14, 2012, 06:28:58 PM
Hot chicks don't typically need to work minimum wage jobs. :sleep:

Hot chicks with HS diplomas or still in HS often do.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on August 14, 2012, 06:28:58 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 14, 2012, 06:25:13 PM
Quote from: mongers on August 14, 2012, 06:20:27 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 14, 2012, 06:17:52 PM
I just loathe their retail store employees. The chicks ain't even that hot.

I was in a Game store at the weekend and the manageress was kinda hot in that odd way late 20s redheads sometime look.   :cool:

So, you didn't immediately screech 'GINGER!' and recoil in horror?

Actually what's odd is that here in New York, I saw this really hot ginger guy working at one.

:cheers: Mongers

Yeah, I hope the whole Ginger stupidity in this country is dying out as it one of the most nasty aspect of British culture. 

Incidentally Bradley Wiggins is a redhead, and not once have I seen it alluded to in the redtop press over here, so that's some improvement.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Could that be though that his hair mostly appears brown with sometime hints of red in photos?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on August 14, 2012, 06:37:24 PM
Could that be though that his hair mostly appears brown with sometime hints of red in photos?

Largely you're right, but I think if someone actively thinks about it and consider the childhood/youth photos of him now out there, most would conclude he's a redhead.

Not that I'm suggesting he should suddenly become a standard bearer for 'ginger rights' etc. 

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

mongers

Quote from: Neil on August 14, 2012, 07:11:58 PM
A pawnshop is a pawnshop.

But historically aren't those some of the companies that do rather well in recessions/depressions ?

Neil

Quote from: mongers on August 14, 2012, 07:17:23 PM
Quote from: Neil on August 14, 2012, 07:11:58 PM
A pawnshop is a pawnshop.

But historically aren't those some of the companies that do rather well in recessions/depressions ?
Because of their relationship with crime.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: garbon on August 14, 2012, 05:37:54 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on August 14, 2012, 05:35:00 PM
Kind of shitty, reselling video games is as old as the industry and is a big part of why I think lots of kids pursued the hobby.

We played video games because we could sell them back for a fraction of what we/our parents paid? :unsure:

No, I shouldn't have said reselling but "trading." When I was a kid that was how you got to play most of the new games, our parents would buy us the occasional game if we bitched enough and allowance might buy the occasional one as well. So if you wanted to really get to try all the coolest games out there you did a lot of trading. What I was intending to convey is the move towards game titles not being portable between individuals would have seriously quashed the nascent hobby at least in the neighborhoods I grew up.

Caliga

I used to pirate Commodore 64 games with other kids in my Cub Scout Pack. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points