News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Advanced Napoleonic Wars

Started by Berkut, August 14, 2012, 04:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Nappy era battles are boring. Stand in front of each other and fire away. :P
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Is this a boardgame or a pc game ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

mongers

Quote from: Berkut on August 15, 2012, 05:11:48 PM
Boardgame.

Apols for wasting 10 seconds of you time, I guess if I'd looked closely at the url in the OP I'd have been able to guess.   :blush:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Solmyr

So we need one more? Unless we leave Prussia as a non-player?

Tamas

the game "Advanced Napoleonic Wars" is out and called "Assyrian Wars". They even replaced the subject matter with a cooler one. :contract:

Berkut

Quote from: Solmyr on August 16, 2012, 12:23:11 AM
So we need one more? Unless we leave Prussia as a non-player?

Yeah, one more would be good.

Actually, would like to confirm that Habs and ulmont are actually interested as well.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on August 16, 2012, 04:15:53 AM
the game "Advanced Napoleonic Wars" is out and called "Assyrian Wars". They even replaced the subject matter with a cooler one. :contract:

Meh, if you want to get something going, why don't you get something going instead of being a wet blanket?

0 rows returned

Habbaku

I'm in.  Someone's gotta play France.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

I think this is going to be a clusterfuck (chromefuck?) of epic proportions, but sure, what the hell.

It would be best, of course, if Berkut could compile a rulebook integrating all the changes.

Berkut

Quote from: Solmyr on August 14, 2012, 05:01:01 PM
I would be up for it. I have played in a couple of games we had here on Languish, so I know the basic rules.

What is your ACTS account?

0 rows returned

Berkut

Got somyrs account, game is setup.

We are playing with someone not from Languish, so I guess we should use ACTS for further communication.

0 rows returned

Solmyr

Even better, introduce them to Languish.

Berkut

Quote from: Solmyr on August 17, 2012, 01:24:17 PM
Even better, introduce them to Languish.

Always a dangerous proposition...

0 rows returned

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.