News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Guild Wars 2 Roll Call

Started by Martinus, August 13, 2012, 08:53:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

I will demand a refund from Marti if this game sucks.

oh and by the way

Katmai.6492
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Martinus

Quote from: katmai on September 04, 2012, 08:33:36 PM
I will demand a refund from Marti if this game sucks.

oh and by the way

Katmai.6492

Are you playing one of these fat, snow-dwelling guys or someone unlike you?

crazy canuck

I can see how you can easily fill your bank.  To avoid it I try not to make any extra crafting mats other then those I can put in the collectables section - like refined ore, planks etc.

Martinus

Yeah, I only make stuff like dowels on a need basis. Unlike say WoW, you get very little skill increase from making the components even when they are still orange, so the benefits of, say, pre-producing a whole lot of helmet linings with the hope of using them up later are not that large, and they clog up the bank space a lot.

Berkut

The annoying part is cooking items. There are lots of intermediate components that don't go in collectibles, but are used in a lot of different recipes. And with the way discovery works, you kind of have to keep a bunch of everything on hand to see if it is combinable.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Grallon

So which server are you all on?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

frunk

I think most of the Languish NA players are on Henge of Denravi.  The unofficial RP server is Tarnished Coast.

Grallon

Henge is full and the other is high already. *shrug*

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Grallon

OMG the elementalist model is gorgeous! :w00t:

And so much choice to customize!

G.

~Jean-François Revel

frunk

Quote from: Berkut on September 05, 2012, 11:42:31 AM
The annoying part is cooking items. There are lots of intermediate components that don't go in collectibles, but are used in a lot of different recipes. And with the way discovery works, you kind of have to keep a bunch of everything on hand to see if it is combinable.

If you have discovered everything that is discoverable for a given item it will no longer show up in the discover pane.  If only items higher than your level can be discovered with the item it will be in red.  I haven't gotten into cooking, so I don't know if that helps or if there are too many possible combinations.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Grallon on September 05, 2012, 11:50:47 AM

G.

I've read that is true for most, if not all, NA servers.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

frunk

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 05, 2012, 12:00:51 PM

I've read that is true for most, if not all, NA servers.

I know they added a couple of new servers recently, but they probably filled up too.

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on September 05, 2012, 11:42:31 AM

Cooking is regarded as the most difficult profession to level - it needs a lot of cash and dedication.

Martinus

Quote from: Grallon on September 05, 2012, 11:59:59 AM
OMG the elementalist model is gorgeous! :w00t:

And so much choice to customize!

G.

There is no character model based on a profession - everyone has access to the same customization tools. The models the game offers are just examples for each profession.

My guardian is a twinkish square-jawed dusky blond with a broad chest and long flowing hair. :P

Martinus

Quote from: Grallon on September 05, 2012, 11:50:47 AM

G.

Btw, there are no waiting queues like in WoW. Instead, if you log in and your home server is full, you are put into a temporary "overflow" server where you can play normally (with other people who are also there) until your own server becomes available - at which point it prompts you to move to your home server. The only aspect of the game that you cannot participate in while in the overflow server is the World vs. World vs. World PvP.

Plus, as already pointed out there is a feature in the works where people on different servers can play with each other (again, except for WvWvW PvP) and already you can chat with people on different servers.