News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Guild Wars 2 Roll Call

Started by Martinus, August 13, 2012, 08:53:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Two random, minor things that I love about GW2 and just make this game great.

1. The undead are not all just humans. There are asura undead. There are *gulp* charr undead.

2. When enemy dies while under an effect of a condition, he/she makes an appropriate noise. For example, a burning enemy just screams like crazy, while a shocked enemy arches back with an electric noise and falls down to the ground.

:cool:

Syt

I played an elementalist for a bit yesterday. I see this class being good fun. The atunement switching is an interesting feature, and with weapon switching (say ranged staves or scepter to melee daggers) you get a total of 8 combat skill sets.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

Quote from: Syt on September 02, 2012, 02:02:34 AM
I played an elementalist for a bit yesterday. I see this class being good fun. The atunement switching is an interesting feature, and with weapon switching (say ranged staves or scepter to melee daggers) you get a total of 8 combat skill sets.

I don't even really switch weapons, at least not so far - twin daggers just serve me in any situation. I can see switching to staff, though when I need to go "tank" or "healer".

Btw, I deleted all my human alts except for the elementalist - probably if I start alts, they will be of different races (thinking a Norn necromancer, and a Charr warrior right now).

Syt

I'm having fun with my Charr warrior, though in hindsight I think I like the Nordic Norn setting better. The Charr are militarist felines *cough*Kilrathi*cough* with a dose of steampunk.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

sbr

Quote from: Syt on September 02, 2012, 03:07:41 AM
I'm having fun with my Charr warrior, though in hindsight I think I like the Nordic Norn setting better. The Charr are militarist felines *cough*Kilrathi*cough* with a dose of steampunk.

My Charr Warrior is my favorite so far.

Syt

Quote from: sbr on September 02, 2012, 03:41:20 AM

Some of the events are a bloody mess, though, as a melee class. Everyone's nuking targets left and right, making i a bit difficult to spot the handful of targets between other chars, explosions, meteor showers etc. Should be interesting to see how it goes when the population numbers thin a bit.
—Stephen Jay Gould

sbr

:D. That was going to be one of my complaints when I wrote a coherent report.  Those events really are a grease fire.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Syt on September 02, 2012, 04:10:20 AM
Quote from: sbr on September 02, 2012, 03:41:20 AM

Some of the events are a bloody mess, though, as a melee class. Everyone's nuking targets left and right, making i a bit difficult to spot the handful of targets between other chars, explosions, meteor showers etc. Should be interesting to see how it goes when the population numbers thin a bit.

I think that will improve a lot as time goes by and the numbers thin and spread out. There will probably be a lot less zerging and a more cerebral approach at events as that takes place  :hmm:

Which is kind of cool as the events will probably be harder as we learn our classes. Though there is some sort of scaling going on as well I believe.

Martinus

Yeah, right now events are a mess. But I noticed aoe melee works pretty well as long as you have mobility. You get credit for each foe you strike and each ally you buff it seems.

As for scaling, yeah most events that are not marked as group seem to be doable with 1-2 people.

Syt

Yeah, I'm usually going in with offhand axe or greatsword that can hit many enemies. Also, warhorn and banners are useful in events.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Martinus

Ok I'm been trying a staff more with my elementalist - it's a completely different game then.  :cool:

Syt

I really like my Norn warrior, and I guess I'll choose her over my Charr one. The Norn questline is rather funny. Valiant defender against ogres one moment, having to find the war machine you smashed while drunk, the other. And there's some silly stuff in between, like snowball fights, keg brawl (kinda like football PvP with beer kegs), carrying rabbit food past a minefield of rabbit wholes, and trying to catch badly aimed beer kegs. But in between there's plenty of rather tough fighting (I thought the Charr area was much easier).
—Stephen Jay Gould

crazy canuck

I didnt think I would but I am really loving my Ranger.  I also didnt like the Charr area at first but it is really getting fun now.  The individual quest where you go behind the lines to blow up the enemy range weapons was a lot of fun and the world events going on all over the place are my favourites so far.

Population here also seems to be a bit less so that may also be adding to my enjoyment.  Just now I took on a world event with only 4 other players.  That was a real hoot.

I just got a pet bear and that is making a huge difference.

frunk

I'm doing a Charr Engineer and I think the Charr area has the least interesting start but gets fun once you get further into it.

Engineer's are tough to get a handle on, but I think I'm doing ok now.  The flamethrower backpack is a hell of a lot of fun.

Shade

Shade.5421 playing on a server with my ol' man