News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Hoops 2012

Started by PDH, August 10, 2012, 08:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

So Xavier is joining the Big East Catholics-Only Conference.  That's all anyone wants to talk about here.  And Joey Votto :mellow:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Here is a question.  What goes into the decision to move conferences?  Is it a question of getting more prestige, more chance of going to the big dance, or what?

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 20, 2013, 03:32:54 PM
Here is a question.  What goes into the decision to move conferences?  Is it a question of getting more prestige, more chance of going to the big dance, or what?

Those things are certainly considered but it usually comes down to TV money.  Contracts are different for each conference.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on March 20, 2013, 03:34:23 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 20, 2013, 03:32:54 PM

Those things are certainly considered but it usually comes down to TV money.  Contracts are different for each conference.

The Catholic thing had something to do with it, but yeah money was the big thing.  Xavier was getting a lousy $400,000 a year  in TV money in the A-10.  In the Big East they'll get like $3 million or so.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Once again, fuck Butler.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Valmy

Heh Texas lost in the first round of their NIT/NCAA reject tournament.  What a glorious season.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

sbr

Quote from: katmai on March 18, 2013, 11:37:19 PM
Hoya Saxa

hoyaone is password.

Joined.  Straight chalk to the Final Four.

fhdz

sbr

I'm also in a random draw pool at work.

16 people put in $20 and you get 1 random team drawn from each regional.  I ended up with OK State, Kansas State, San Diego State and Pacific.  There are payouts after each round.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: sbr on March 21, 2013, 02:11:10 PM

16 people put in $20 and you get 1 random team drawn from each regional.  I ended up with OK State, Kansas State, San Diego State and Pacific.  There are payouts after each round.

That's probably not a bad idea for a work pool.  Round ball retards can feel included.

sbr

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 21, 2013, 02:13:39 PM
Quote from: sbr on March 21, 2013, 02:11:10 PM

That's probably not a bad idea for a work pool.  Round ball retards can feel included.

Yeah.  It can be shitty if you end up with four double digits seeds, but the odds of that are pretty low.  My "supervisor" ended up with 2 #1's, forget which ones though.

Admiral Yi

Is he running the pool?  :ph34r:

fhdz

fhdz

Bah, 3 of 4. MY LIFE IS OVER